Notice of special general meeting

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: Notice of special general meeting

Post by Oldfella on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Hotdip,

This is the third time you raise the issue in reguards to no elections have been held for several years which seems to indicate that members have not had a vote or legally elected board members.

On each occasion, in a friendly manner you were responded to i am happy to repeat the advice to you

Each year prior to the AGM the board calls for nominees for election ---- where the amount of nominees exceed the amount of positions the a members vote is held ---- however where the amount of nominees is the same or less than postions available then those nominees are appointed unapposed consistent with the present constitution ---- hence no members vote required.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 439
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm

TAAARS wrote:Will any of the present board members be speaking tonight,and if so saying what they really think, or are they forced to follow the official line and encourage a yes vote even though they may personally feel this is not the right way to go?

Normal practice is that Board members have to support a Board decision whether they personally believe in it or not.
Mockingjay
Mockingjay

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm

I ONLY asked this as it’s the only thread being used ATM and I don’t want to start a new thread for an easy answer but where can I find the rules for this site?
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:55 pm

When I say board I mean that in the traditional way of most businesses,clubs,groups,organisations etc.
Meaning those who actually control things and make the real decisions. In Westies case as proposed it appears that is called a Nomination Commitee. If it is appointed then it can be manipulated by non westies people.
Also forget about current office holders and fast forward 10,20 years... Do we really want our club run by any one that may not have Wests best interest at heart? How easy would it be if the SANFL had this set up in all or most clubs by then to just merge,disband any club/s they or the AFL wanted.
Haven't we seen enough with the AFL reserves ,Ch 7 etc already? Many of us will be either dead or in a nursing home by then but do we really want to pass on a croc of the preverbial to our successors?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Mockingjay wrote:
TAAARS wrote:Will any of the present board members be speaking tonight,and if so saying what they really think, or are they forced to follow the official line and encourage a yes vote even though they may personally feel this is not the right way to go?

Normal practice is that Board members have to support a Board decision whether they personally believe in it or not.  

I don’t agree with this if it’s the case. Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether on the board or not. Breeds a lot of “yes men” IMO. It’s ok to have a different point of view
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm

I concur with that Broadlach
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Hotdip wrote:The current president has never faced a vote for office in the time he has been on the board

Yes, "Hotdip" but can the same thing be said about the previous president? I don't blame people for not putting their name forward for nomination though, it seems a thankless task to be a board member - a volunteer position which requires a lot of time and effort.
Mockingjay
Mockingjay

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Mockingjay wrote:
Hotdip wrote:The current president has never faced a vote for office in the time he has been on the board

Yes, "Hotdip" but can the same thing be said about the previous president?   I don't blame people for not putting their name forward for nomination though, it seems a thankless task to be a board member - a volunteer position which requires a lot of time and effort.
This post makes you sound like the president?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotdip on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm

brodlach wrote:
Mockingjay wrote:

Yes, "Hotdip" but can the same thing be said about the previous president?   I don't blame people for not putting their name forward for nomination though, it seems a thankless task to be a board member - a volunteer position which requires a lot of time and effort.

Sounds that way
Hotdip
Hotdip

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2017-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Hotdip wrote:
brodlach wrote:
Mockingjay wrote:

Sounds that way

Thank you gentlemen. I take that as a compliment. Nobody has ever called me "presidential" before!
Mockingjay
Mockingjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Brodlach, the site rules are what the three Moderators decide they are.

All we ask is that posters are respectful and don't make personal attacks.

Despite several warnings, some posters continue to stray from the topic and get personal.

Any more, and we'll happily give holidays to those who want to continue that way.

And you and Hotdip can be assured that your most recent inferences are incorrect.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:45 pm

I am enjoying how some posters continue to stray from the topic and get personal. Without getting BANNED
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Wasleys
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Admin wrote:Brodlach, the site rules are what the three Moderators decide they are.

All we ask is that posters are respectful and don't make personal attacks.

Despite several warnings, some posters continue to stray from the topic and get personal.

Any more, and we'll happily give holidays to those who want to continue that way.

And you and Hotdip can be assured that your most recent inferences are incorrect.

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn’t think they were listed

Wasn’t actually a loaded question

brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:39 pm

SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OUTCOME
Published on: Dec 17 2018 | Author: westadelaidefc |
The West Adelaide Football Club would like to announce the outcome of the Special General Meeting held in the Sturt Pea Room, Monday 17 December 2018.

A single resolution was put to the Members proposing changes to the Constitution of the West Adelaide Football Club. The intended purpose of the proposed changes was to alter the processes by which West Adelaide FC Board Members are nominated and elected. The resolution had previously received the unanimous support of the current West Adelaide FC Board, but as outlined in the Constitution, required the support of at least 75% of the Members present (either in person or by proxy) to be carried. The motion received support of 83.9% of the votes cast and as such was determined carried.

Speaking on behalf of the West Adelaide FC Board, President Lee Harradine expressed gratitude to the Members for their show of support.

“The WAFC Board were supportive of the proposed changes but needed the Members vote to be able to make these important changes to the Constitution. We can now move forward to implement the necessary changes and position the Club well for 2019 and beyond.”

“I would like to thank the members for their passionate support of the West Adelaide Football Club and for seeing the positive side of the changes proposed.”

The current West Adelaide FC Board will continue in their roles until the 2019 Annual General Meeting to be held on Monday February 11 2019.

westadelaidefc
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Wasleys
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:00 am

Well it won't stop me supporting the club but I'm staggered that such a majority of members would hand control of our club to an unidentified group of people.
What happens when the Nominations Committee isn't John Kantilaftas, Adrian O'Dea and David Shipway, and is instead Fred Nurgler, Billy Sanful and Harry Ayfel? I really hope this works out, and there's not much more we can do but hope.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:32 am

I too was surprised that this got over the line, given that a 75% majority was required. I was also surprised that there were just in excess of 200 members voting on this issue. (please correct me if this figure is incorrect) Well the changes will go ahead, so we all need to just get on with it, do whatever we can to support the club and keep our fingers crossed that it works out for the best. Let's hope that 'Billy Sanful' and 'Harry Ayfel' don't take over.
I'd also like to add that I thought several members who spoke from the floor showed a great deal of courage to stand up and express their concerns. Perhaps this should have taken place a week or two before the vote to allow members to process the information. Water under the bridge now.
Merry Christmas to all Westies supporters.
Go the Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:47 am

The members have spoken conclusively on the future direction of the club so we all must move on.

I came away from the meeting with so much pride in how all members attending (193?)  conducted themselves before, during and after the meeting in a spirit of friendship and respect. At all times differences of opinion was listened to with respect and at no time was there any personal attacks or agressive behaviour.

Many years ago my late father taught me his attitude of "OF COURSE HE IS MY FRIEND AS HE IS A FELLOW MEMBER" and last night we all walked in as friends and we all walked out together as friends.

I feel so sad for those members who could not attend as you have missed a very special and magical moment in our clubs history.

What all members must do now is to given the new board which takes control at the AGM time and total support in any way they ask.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm

I agree Bruce, 200 members voting is quite ordinary.

Aldo Fred is a great guy Laughing
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Yes. I was surprised that 170 or so members of this club successfully voted for Members to forfeit a say in the Future Direction of the WAFC. So much water under the bridge. So be it.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am

Everyone ok?

All gone quiet, need to band together to get the club back to the top. Hopefully these changes help get us there quickly
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks for asking mate

From what i hear all are ok and now moving forward together as per first and last line of my post above

Cheers

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm

brodlach wrote:Everyone ok?

All gone quiet, need to band together to get the club back to the top. Hopefully these changes help get us there quickly

Good to hear, brodlach.

That should always be the case, regardless of meeting results, so I applaud your post.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum