Notice of special general meeting

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Notice of special general meeting

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:49 pm

brodlach wrote:Handouts as in receiving funds before they are due to pay outstanding bills. Without these funds the club would not have been able to run

Cashflow is king, no cash no stock. Period

I’m sure if you get a loan, an this is technically an interest free loan, of course there is certain criteria that needs to be met. Surely that makes sense

Last warning:  this a thread on the SGM.

The club will soon announce its third handy profit in 3 years, after many years of losses.  Debt is being reduced quickly.  There is no chance of the club not being able to run. There was 5 years ago.

We now own 58% of the Wolfpack and creditors are at historic lows.

Cash flow has been a problem at several clubs for years and is a normal part of running most SANFL clubs.

Ill informed comments about the club's financial position are harmful to the club and do the poster no credit.  It merely starts rumours that put the club in a bad light and harms us commercially.

The club's financial statements are posted on the Annual Reports and are public.

There will be no further tolerance of any similar incorrect comments that do nothing but harm the club.

Posters ignoring this will be suspended.
Admin

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03 pm

For any club member concerned with the Advertisers scandalous article suggesting the entire westies board has resigned presently appearing in Facebook be aware that the club president has posted that the headline is wrong and the board has not all resigned

The headline is premature as the board has NOT stepped down but indicated they will IF members accept the proposed constitution changes at the vote next Monday night. This a fair, professional and honourable approach by board member to allow change before the AGM is the proposal js supported by member ---- nothing more!

The article seem to be based on coments by DS who is not a spokesman for west adelaide to my knowledge. I would be interested if the Advertiser got comment from a club spokes person and if so who this person was

i call on all financial member to attend the meeting on monday night and vote to retain members control of the club

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella

Number of posts : 406
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 am

Many posts on social media which echo the sentiments expressed in this Facebook post spotted last night:

[Sadly just another example of the SANFL attempting to micromanage the SANFL clubs, ride roughshod over them and control them. My advice to WAFC members is to vote NO- and retain control of your club.]

Mockingjay

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Message on the WAFC website

There has been much totally incorrect speculation in the media and social media about the possible changes to our Constitution and the future of our current Board.

Let me make it clear that the Board cannot be, and has not been, stood down. The Board will continue as normal until the next Annual General Meeting, as required by our Constitution. If the members accept the proposed changes to the Constitution, the Board will still continue until the next AGM. At that stage, all Board members will resign to facilitate the process, if it is adopted by the members.

Boards over the past few years have taken the Club from a position of insolvency to a position where our financial future is now in no doubt. We will again also announce another healthy profit soon and are on track to be close to debt-free within 4 years. We still have many financial and trading challenges to overcome and we continue to appreciate the assistance of the SANFL as we work in partnership to strengthen our Club.

The current Board includes passionate and skilled West Adelaide people, with expertise, integrity and experience across a wide range of issues that affect the Club.

As President, I can state that the Board exists to serve the members and to ensure our club is strong, we live our values and we field successful football teams. On that topic, we have efficiently and successfully recruited early for season 2019 and look forward to members enjoying what they see on the field next year.

Lee Harradine

President
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm

From Talking Footy SA site:

by Blue and White

Note to WAFC members...

if you want to have little or no say in who your Board members are; if you want the SANFL to micromanage your club then you should probably vote YES to these proposed changes.

If you want to stay in control , select who you want on your Board, vote NO.

believe me, going down this path will make your membership almost worthless. West have clearly got their act together financially over the last 12 months with their current set up, so why change it? -just to pacify "the thought police".
Mockingjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Interesting that the sturt web site lists thier membership at 1781 whilst westies list membership at 2850 around a thousand more members --- wonder how accurate they

Sad comment by sturt supporter but needs to be considered

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Every club declares a different membership which is frustrating. Sturts is only fully paid members. Our fully paid ordinary members I think is more like 1500. The rest is made up of kids, sponsors etc etc
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Thank you

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 am

Noticed on "talking footysa"

[Quote oldfella]To be fair and balanced there is some good ideas within the prposed constitution amendments but these can be achieved under the existing constitution.

It has been stated that one aim is to bring in young quality professional person however is also stated that the do not want to front election by members but want free pass direct appointment --- several told me they do not want to take the chance of being embarrest if not elected ----- not sure thier attitude is right

For all the bull being talked about this is an SANFL driven attempt to take control of the club from members [Quote}

I agree with your sentiments, oldfella.
I think that a stated aim is to make the board more "age diverse". I may be wrong but looking at the current board members' profiles indicates that they are all Gen X or Baby Boomers. If you want to make it more age diverse you have to target those older than Baby Boomers, i.e., nursing home residents, or people younger than Gen X. I would prefer the Gen Y option. From memory, didn't the Board appoint a Gen Y person who unfortunately resigned due to work and family pressures? This is disappointing but completely understandable given the time pressures placed upon Millennials. Personally, I think the Club is lucky to have the Board as is. As a group, it works very hard for no compensation and receives no thanks for doing so.
Mockingjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:46 pm

More food for thought from poster on talkingfootysa

[Quote] Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions
Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Today at 12:52 pm

So the President and VP would be appointed rather than elected members?
A board has obligations collectively and it doesn't matter if you are appointed or elected from that angle. So if there are only 2 elected members, the others could form a block that potentially lead things astray. That wouldn't give the 2 elected members much comfort.

I sit on a national board where there cannot be more than 50% appointed directors for the reasons you have stated.

I would be wary of a change where representation is not equitable. [quote]

I hope that Westies members take heed of advice from supporters of other clubs.

Mockingjay

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Why does the Chairman of the meeting "intend to vote undirected proxies in favour of the resolution."? Why should they go to one side or other?
Who decided this?
aldo russian

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Aldo, wbere is this stated mate i cannot locate

Not word for word but the constitution advises the following

A person may placing a proxy vote and nominate a member to vote in thier stead

A form appointing a proxy nominator  MAY direct how that proxy vote is to be entered. If not directed then proxy can vote as they chose

There is no specific identification within this section of the constitution of what must occur if the member placing the proxy does not nominate another member or does not nominate a direction to vote

MY GUESS OF THE ANSWER

Undirected proxy in terms of another member has not been indicated would presumably become the responsibility of the President/meeting chairperson is to ensure said proxy votes are counted in the main vote. Not mentioned in constituttion but seems logical

Where said proxy indicates a direction of vote (yes or no) then presumibly President/meeting chairperson is to ensure said proxy votes are counted in the main vote as directed by originator. Again not specifically mentioned but seems logical

Where said proxy does not nominate another member and does not give a direction for voting then as above becomes responsibility of President/meeting chairperson is to ensure said proxy votes are counted ------ taking into account that the President/meeting chairperson is a member of the board that has unaminously put the motion to the members then i would think that he is compelled to enter the proxy vote in support of  motion

As i said best guess

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Oldfella wrote:Aldo, wbere is this stated mate i cannot locate

On the proxy voting form.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo

Number of posts : 175
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

aldo russian wrote:
Oldfella wrote:Aldo, wbere is this stated mate i cannot locate

On the proxy voting form.

Thanks mate

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Yyour suggestion that only one area of the club is abve reproach derides and abuses many unpaid volunteers or officials of the club some example being Past Players and officials,  footy side volunteers and official not to mention things like the raffle group, the BBQ team just to name a few --- this is way past site guideline and moderator warnings (2) in this actual topict.

You think yourself smart but all know you are actually a Glenelg supporter who has only been at Westies due to a close relative playing for us now you drop in to stir ---- i hear you enjoyed your previous spells from this site but i think/hope this time moderators make it a permanant spell ---- by by 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm

ST, you are wrong. Again. A decent person would apologise.
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Second Team wrote:I have a feeling that The Westonian's are the only part of the West Adelaide Club that are beyond reproach. Shocked Shocked Shocked

ST, that is a really poor comment and a reflection on good people doing their best for the club. All you offer is whingeing and sniping.

Bye.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:33 pm

oldfella, I have deleted your comment about ST. It was against site rules

ST, posters were given a final warning, hence your suspension.

We again ask posters to debate the topic & keep clear of defaming club employees and volunteers.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks Jamo great read about a truly great man ----- treasure my time in the rooms when i was part of Kerls staff👍👍👍

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Admin wrote:oldfella, I have deleted your comment about ST. It was against site rules

ST, posters were given a final warning, hence your suspension.

We again ask posters to debate the topic & keep clear of defaming club employees and volunteers.

Thank you admin you just beat me as i reflected on it and came back to delete it myself.

I apologise to all posters on this site as my post was inappropriate

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 pm

It is a charged situation, Oldfella, but your perspective on this situation is important to true Westies people. Carry on!
RODH2

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks mate

Frankly the black dog got out for a minute and i acted in anger and let all down on this site which by my own personal values is just not right

I will continue to respond  and will strive to keep not only professional but be honest and fair minded as it is about the clubs members not individual which as a life member i feel responsible to assist members in  any way possible

Hope all understand that it is NOT about any individual but it is about the members who are the club and off course the future of the club.

Finally, i want all to understand that i have deepest respect and awe for all our present board member who as the President has posted have lead us to a significant time in financial matters and in footy issues  --------- all must never forget that these wonderfull unpaid volunteers on the board put in very long hours for the club in fact most knock off work around 5.30 and then race into Westies straight into a board meeting of several hours without dinner once a week and that is not mentioning the other meetings or club responsibilities they undertake.

In terms of these proposed constitutian changes the board has acted in a professional and business like manner and has produced a potential blue print for the clubs future for members to consider and accept or reject on Monday night. Further,  the level off information and follow up to question by the President, his board and our wonderfull administration staff has been very open, very complete and exrremely professional

Reguardless of how the members vote on Monday night please all promise that there will be no recrimination nor any anger or any retribution at any of the board members as they have done a very difficult task to the best thier ability.

They were doing thier job as they seen appropriate and i believe under some pressure 😊 now we members must now do our job on Monday night and then reguardless of the result of the vote move forward as a club to the next hurdle

Last edited by Oldfella on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Im a silly old fool who cannot spell)

Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by jmc80 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am

Does anyone know if the 3 game membership from last season came with AGM voting rights - and does that include this special general meeting?

The current 5 game membership does, but there's no offer of 3 game for 2019.

I have not received any correspondence on the club on this and have had to rely on the official site for notices and then here / conversations for some further insight.

I won't be able to attend the meeting so would a printed proxy form suffice - and would it be the football club or footballers club one? (I can't remember the distinction)
jmc80

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum