sad to see that shannon green has announced his retirement
big shoes to fill
blacky

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

shannon green Empty Re: shannon green

Post by Lachlan on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:30 pm

A very good player who will be hard to replace, loved the way he went about his footy.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Greeny got as much out of his body as any before him at the Bloods.

Congratulations mate. Your combo effort with your mate Feilks as a formidable goal kicking duo in our premiership year was outstanding.

Congratulations on a a stella career Green machine.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:25 pm

From West Adelaide:

Shannon Green will hang up the boots after 146 games for the Bloods. Green announced at our Best and Fairest awards that he would be playing on 2019 for his 11th league season. Unfortunately after a knee surgery recently and some tough realities about the strength of his knee he has made the decision to call it time.

The 2015 Premiership player received the Roger Luders Medal for most goals kicked in our premiership year, as well as receiving life membership in 2018 and the Presidents Award for displaying all the characteristics we want in a West Adelaide Player.

Shannon’s leadership and courage on and off the field will be greatly missed. We wish him all the best in the future.”

I have been lucky enough to present 2 President's trophies over the last 2 years.  In 2017, I gave it to Logan Hill,  This year I had no hesitation in awarding it to Shannon Green.

Like most here, I watched Shannon (usually along with Fielks) come through the junior ranks and then become a great League player and win a premiership trophy.

Shannon is a great overhead mark, is rarely beaten one-on-one and is not only strong, but really does epitomise what we want to see in a West Adelaide player.  (And a great bloke, too).

Congratulations on a great career, Shannon.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 990
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm

[quote=Congratulations mate. Your combo effort with your mate Feilks as a formidable goal kicking duo in our premiership year was outstanding. [/quote]

Absolutely. Very hard to replace players who put their bodies on the line for the club, week in week out. Legends both.
All the best Fielks and Greenie.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 am

Lee will know but many may not that in his early career Shannon had injury after injury mainly from the hard at it way he played and more than once looked at the retirement option but on each occasion he just worked harder on his recovery and become the wonderfull premiership player we all knew he would be.

Congratulation mate on a great career and as i told you on the phone Wednesday morning i consider you clearly one of my champions

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 542
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:57 am

One of my all time favourite players just for pure work ethic

Good bloke too!
brodlach