Round 2 v North

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Round 2 v North Empty Round 2 v North

Post by firstblood on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:40 pm

All i know is we will be looking good rocking up in the van...it's had a bit of a make over. Smile

]Round 2 v North Van_110

Round 2 v North Van_210
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 338
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Round 2 v North Empty Re: Round 2 v North

Post by Thiele on Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Very Nice

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Make sure its not on empty

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Just remember the Reserves start at 10.30 am League at 1.10 pm followed by the girls footy at around 3.45pm
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 338
Job/hobbies : The light keeper
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 pm

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Reserves won by about 8 goals. Patrick Fairlie outstanding.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Lee, who is Patrick Fairlie competing with in the league team to get a spot.

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 457
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Watching on Digital ---- question is there a strong breeze favoring one end---- first quarter North 5.1 to West 2.2 - Second quarter West 5.3 to North 2.1.

Its my impression that we are very close to being a good team just need to stop some off the poor decision making and skills --- note 2 items are much improved over last year bur needs to be better.

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 457
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Northern end worth a couple of goals so far.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Outplayed by a better side again.
We just make too many mistakes at critical times.
We continually turn the ball over, which often leads to an opposition goal.
The new recruits have been extremely disappointing.
I thought Noble was our best today. He was very good.
If we donít win next week, I fear another wasted season is upon us.
Changes must be made.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Wolf Pack summed it up nicely.

I thought Snellingís game was pretty good.

Getting nothing from our forwards although delivery to them is poor. How many times did we kick it straight to one of their backline players for an easy uncontested mark?

Still, better than the corresponding game last year.

Thank goodness for our Ressies. Fairlie to come in next week for sure.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:57 pm

My concerns from Round One were only amplified by today. The lack of forward pressure - North took the ball out of our forward 50 effortlessly for most of the match. We were so often outnumbered when we went inside 50, in direct contrast to their forward entries when we rarely seemed to outnumber them.

We were smashed in ruck in the first quarter, but after that Parella started to get his hand on the ball more often. Our midfield is still not winning enough clearances though. I think Schmidt, whose second half was much better, needs to go to half-back, and another mid ( Fairlie or Keough or Beech or Johnson) needs to come in.

John Noble was outstanding, and was far and away our best. But our skill level has not improved since last year, which is extremely disappointing given that that was obviously what needed to happen. We simply cannot continue to play as many players as we do with poor foot skills. A couple you can wear if their contributions are generally good enough, but we have at least a third of our side with poor kicking skills.

I know things can change quickly in football, but if we don't beat Central this week it's hard to see who we're going to beat.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:05 pm

We got back into the game in the second quarter when our midfield won the contesed ball, however in the last half North took control in that area.
Players such as Snelling and Schmidt who had been influential in the second quarter were less so in the second half and we relied on Stevens and Noble who I thought was our best player.

Changes need to be made next week. Fairlie was BOG by a significant margin in the ressies and he must play next week. He can move into the midfield with Schmidt to half back.

We need to start Keough Forward next week. Centrals lack of quality
Key Position Players means we need to be attacking from the outset which means Keough to start Forward.
Wasley-Black has been ok in the ressies and surely he comes into the side in place of L.Evans. He adds greater flexibility.
J.Evans also dropped for Fairlie.

J.Cleeland and D.Willsmore have struggled so far. Willsmore suffered a thigh injury early in the game which may have effected his performance.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 525

Back to top Go down

Post by cuban on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:41 am

We would be a really good team - if we could kick straight and handball properly.
How many goals did North kick directly from our poor disposal and decision making? (Hint - A LOT!). I swear, watching the poor disposal skills and decision making, it looks like the team doesn't even want to win!
The players work hard and get so much of the ball then screw it up with bad disposal and the opposition gets easy goals because of it.
Obviously our disposal skills are not elite so maybe the game plan needs to accommodate this - ie, no kicking backwards or sideways - especially if there is an opponent anywhere near the intended target teammate. I would rather we turn the ball over 40 meters forward than 10 meters back - we lost a few goals because of this.
Maybe Gavin should make them spend half of their training time just doing lane work at full speed so they can practice hitting targets - we wont win many games until this gets sorted.
On a positive note, last week I thought we needed to get rid of Parella but he played really well yesterday, easily his best game for West. He even took a few marks! It makes a big difference when we win our fair share of centre clearances.
I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling we are in for a long and disappointing year.
cuban
cuban

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:23 am

My view WATCHING ON DIGITAL PASS on our forwards appear to be lazy. Noticed some not really chasing hard to put pressure on ( jogging ). Made it easier for norfs backline to set up the lose man time and time again.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Wasleys
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:49 am

I thought West played very well.
Low percentage of poor play and easily pinpointed areas to be adressed.
Good experienced players in the reserves boads well for the season.
Keep that level of play and not drop off against weaker sides (like last year) is the key to getting into the finals.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:58 am

I'd like to think that our second quarter is the blueprint for our football this year. Our two last quarters so far point to a potential fitness problem, though.

We looked at our best with Snelling & Co getting clearances in the middle and fast ball movement. †Gavin Colville pointed out that we departed from our game plan in the last quarter and that was obvious to all, as we just looked stagnant then.

Our major problem isn't getting the footy, it's what we do with it and our ratio of poor disposals and poor decisions is way too high. †Sometimes poor disposal is excusable under pressure, but we need to select players with better disposal skills where possible.

So, the changes I would make are:

1. Play Chris Schmidt at half back, to give experience to a very inexperienced half backline and better disposal and decision making.

Chris's spot in the midfield is filled by Patrick Fairlie. If we're serious, then we must allow Patrick time to develop as a League player. He's not quick, but gets the ball and knows what to do with it † 36 possessions yesterday, 2 goals, 9 clearances, but what stood out for me was an efficiency rate of about 90%.

It's tough coming from interstate and sttling in and Jade Cleeland needs some time in the 2's to settle in. Kicking for goal he just looks nervous, mote than anything else. Kick straight yesterday from 25 and he has 2 goals and we're all happy.

Zac Bates comes back, we need his excitement, as unpredictable as he is.

Nathan Batley comes back in. His ball use and run would improve us immensely. He was excellent yesterday. He needed games in the 2's quite rightly.

Centrals don't have too many talls, so worth considering Tom Keough up forward, to take some pressure off Mason.

Other possibles are Tom Pillion and Errin Wasley-Black, depending on where Tom Keough plays.

Some of those omitted would be unlucky, as they haven't done much wrong, but these changes would give us better ball use from the back.

I'm happy with Josh Ryan and Dunkin (note, Dunkin, not Duncan or Durkin). Dunkin 's disposal is excellent and I thought Ryan fought back well against Barnes yesterday.

Finally, great game from John Noble and great goal by an improving Murray Waite.

Like Luke, I'm still optimistic, especially if we make the changes above, to give us players with better disposal skills coming out of our back half.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Totally agree with Luke and Lee, far more to look forward to than there is to be disappointed about.

Far too easy for everyone to take the negatives away from the game than look at the positives.

The second quarter was some of the best footy we have played in the last few years yet little has been said about it, and the breeze was of no significance as scoring was done at both ends.

A lot to like about the Reserves as well - a lot of good experienced players stepping up at the right time.

Treat the team like a new girl friend, might not happen on the first or second date but will get there in the end.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 pm

Treat the team like a new girl friend, might not happen on the first or second date but will get there in the end.[/quote]
Double entendre?
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:15 am

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/colvilles-corner/

Gavin's thoughts on Round 2.

The website says John noble was BOG.

Can anyone who was at presentations post who were 2nd and 3rd at the club, please?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:34 am

I was there but clearly I need to pay more attention.

Josh Ryan collected an award and possibly Jono Beech
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum