President Message

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

President Message Empty President Message

Post by bundy on Thu May 30, 2019 11:22 am

President’s Message to Members and Supporters – June 2019

This is my third message to you since taking on the role as club President. It is interesting to note that we are approaching the first 100 day mark since the formation of your new board of directors, and we are now starting to get a regular routine established. It is my intention to publish a President’s Message as soon as possible after each formal board meeting is held. This will provide you with certainty about the timing of when you can expect updates on the activities of the board. Formal board meetings are held on the last Monday of every month, with the most recent one having occurred on Monday 27th May.

Your directors are currently formulating plans and strategies for each of these key areas of the club:

Members and Sponsors.

Finance Management.

The Oval Precinct.

The Clubrooms and Venue Precinct.

Governance, People and Culture.

Football.

These areas are discussed at length in our board meetings, and it is noteworthy that some of the achievements already made during our first 100 days include:

More than $60,000 committed to the club as new sponsorship income.
A consolidated profit of more than $79,000 (excluding new sponsorship income) for the month of March – the best trading result in any month this financial year.
The establishment of a sub-committee to examine and plan to improve every aspect of the oval precinct, with the first meeting of this committee being held on Monday 3rd
Examination of the venue (bar, restaurant, gaming and function areas) so that a sustainable plan can be developed for improvement.
Successful renegotiation and extension of the employment contract with our CEO. We are very pleased that Ben has agreed to remain in his role as he continues to provide stability and drive the results of our club.
Completion of planning for actions required to implement the recommendations of an independent report done by KPMG. This report was commissioned by SANFL in late 2018 to identify where our club was at risk, and to find areas of opportunity. We are now in the process of forming a subcommittee so the recommended actions can be taken.
Analysis of the results of the member and supporter on-line survey that was commissioned by the previous board, and a decision to hold a forum at which members and supporters can come to the club and discuss those results face to face with the board. This forum will occur in June on a date to be announced soon, and I hope that you all will attend and take this opportunity to hear the results of your feedback and to air your views.

Of course, there remains much more to be done, including in the area of our on-field results. Coach Gavin Colville took time out on Monday night to present a report to the directors about the season so far, and we made it abundantly clear to Gavin that he has the full support and backing of the board during this difficult time. The impact of the mid-season draft cannot be ignored, but this is something about which we and the SANFL are equally frustrated and appear to have little influence over. This will not stop us from voicing our concerns and trying to modify it for the future. But for the time being we have to live with it, and we need to work extra hard to minimise its influence on our results. Now, more so than ever, all members and supporters need to continue to get behind Gavin and the team as they work towards turning the season around.

Murray Forbes

President
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 359
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

President Message Empty Re: President Message

Post by Oldfella on Thu May 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Thanks Bundy and thanks to the president.

Highlights for me

Successful renegotiation and extension of the employment contract with our CEO ----- A great result for the club IMO and i welcome and thank Ben.

More than $60,000 committed to the club as new sponsorship income.

It is my intention to publish a President’s Message as soon as possible after each formal board meeting is held.

Decision to hold a forum at which members and supporters can come to the club and discuss those results face to face with the board.

ITEM that while extremely pleasing raised a question in my mind

A consolidated profit of more than $79,000 (excluding new sponsorship income) for the month of March ---- i presume that this is reflecting cost cutting measures within the club so is obviously repeatable but will be gradually eroded by inflation so we cannot relax.

Look forward to the Presidents monthly summaries

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 542
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Thu May 30, 2019 12:28 pm

I was pleased to read Murray's latest message as it contains some detail and more importantly an invitation to members and supporters to meet with the board in order to voice their opinions. I was also pleased to read that a monthly summary will be published to keep supporters informed. Excellent news.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu May 30, 2019 1:03 pm

A good report by Murray. It is pleasing to see that sponsorship is recovering, after collapsing under the previous office regime.

Also good to see Ben Hopkins sign on long-term.

My optimism about our financial future remains as it always has.

Now for football.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 990
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Thu May 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Nice to see you back in the land of OZ Lee.

Lets all get to Norwood Oval Friday night and get behind all the boys.

As supporters we feel the pain of losing but for the players I know that they feel the pain as well - footballers DON'T LIKE LOSING, they now have to fight even harder just to please us.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu May 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Still in Tibilisi, fly out soon.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 990
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu May 30, 2019 7:03 pm

As a silver member l I have and will always support the GREAT West Adelaide Football Club.

The Message from the President was positive Mainly for 2 reasons.
1. The committed Sponsorship of $60.
2. The healthy Profit for the month of March.

We are a Football Club and our on field performance for the past 4 years including this year has been totally unacceptable, we therefore need to start looking at 2020 now.

If Colville is the right man for the job he needs to be appointed as a full time Coach very soon.
By making him full time he would be responsible for Recruiting and all things Football.

If he doesn’t want the job he also needs to tell the board now so we can start planning for a new coach. The players also need to know the coaches intentions. It doesn’t matter if they are told now as we won’t be playing finals this yr.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum