Full Salary Cap.

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Full Salary Cap. Empty Full Salary Cap.

Post by Lachlan on Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:36 am

We must have a Full Salary cap For 2020.
With a new Board now in place surely as a club they cannot allow this to continue.
It’s absolutely ludicrous and shouldn’t be tolerated.

As a member and supporter I want the BOARD to make it PUBLIC on where the club sits on the situation.

Last edited by Lachlan on Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Full Salary Cap. Empty Re: Full Salary Cap.

Post by Oldfella on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Lachlan, totally agree with your position.

I posted elsewhere on this site "the club urgently needed funding to stay financially viable and requested that SANFL give an early advancement of funding from the sale of Football Park which in the SANFL's wisdom (LOL) agreed to providing West Adelaide agreed to a reduced salary cap ???? ---- after what was i believe a very heated board meeting the club accepted the SANFL's crap offer as there was limited alternate choices."

Apart from the obvious short sighted stupid SANFL poor decision that has dramatically effected the clubs recruiting potential what has concerned me since is the lack of any official club comment on this issue or any SANFL terms attached ---- before someone says it i am aware of business confidentiality terms and have been told that one of the parties involved invoke that right in this case.

I fully endorse your call "As a member and supporter I want the BOARD to make it PUBLIC on where the club sits on the situation"

Further to this, i call on the club to make public to the members the following;

• 1.  What are the terms attached to the West Adelaide salary cap situation by the SANFL.

2.  What terms or conditions has the SANFL applied to other assistance given to the club.

3.  A clear statement by the Board that in any future negotiations with the SANFL that the club will not accept business confidence conditions and will advise members of those terms and conditions.

4. Where in future the club enters into discussions the SANFL for assistance or where the SANFL directs the club to undertake an action (with sanctions for not doing so) the board issues a statement to members clearly stating the issues and potential sanctions.

None of the above suggest or implies in anyway that any former board or employee has acted in way inappropriately nor have they in anyway willfully withheld information from members as they were clearly constricted and remain to be constricted by the business model of the time.

The new President in his recent communication has shown that communication with members is important but what i want is for the new board to adopt a new business model that includes open and full information to members on any matter and to clearly inform the SANFL that this is the clubs position on open negotiation.

Before anyone says it i acknowledge there is issues for example "negotiations with potential sponsors or business partners --- health/welfare issues relating to players or staff --- contract negations" and others so these obviously and rightly remain confidential.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 496
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Great posts by Lachlan & Old Fella which deserve our support.
I would like to hear the  board state whether their priority is running the Club as a business venture or a football club. In other words, is the priority making money or winning footy matches?
If it is the former then it is a waste of time going to watch us play. If it is the latter then I will continue as I have for decades in watching the boys play through thick & thin.

On another matter, surely the SANFL can see that with the loss of two players in the mini draft, we are in need of help. Common decency would say that they should now reinstate our full salary cap to compensate us.
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm

If you think the Club should have a full salary cap, contact the Board members' reps and ask their views. They are supposed to be there for the members.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanks Lee.

How do we go about contacting the Board members rep?
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Hello mate,

Ring club and ask for a contact phone number for the 2 Member Elected Board Members (Richard Sykes and Troy Abbott).

OR

If club cannot give you phone number on privacy grounds (quite understandable) then ask that club requests they ring you --- i am sure Richard or Troy will contact you back.

OR

If you wish to talk face to face with them again contact club for assistance in arranging a meeting.

Link below shows board members so you know what they look like  Very Happy  Very Happy

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/inside-west-adelaide/board-members/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 496
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum