Forum

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Forum Empty Forum

Post by blacky on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:28 pm

The West Adelaide Football Club invites all members and supporters to join the board at the first member forum for 2019.

When: Wednesday 12th June

Time: 6:30pm-8pm

The forum will be an opportunity to hear from the board and CEO on current happenings around the club as well as a chance for members and supporters to put questions to the board.
blacky

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2011-09-17

Back to top Go down

Forum Empty Re: Forum

Post by Oldfella on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am

Due to my ongoing health issue sadly i will not be able to make a decision to attend until after lunch on the 12th June ---- I am very excited about this Presidents Members Forum and just hope the "Black Dog" gives me a day of freedom so i can attend.

I strongly recommend all members who can attend and assist the President in his worthy attempt to provide members communication make a strong effort to attend.

To assist the President and Board don't just attend and remain silent but be prepared to ask a question on any matter that concerns you so he knows.

If you have difficulty in public speaking for personal reasons like so many in the community (its not easy i know) or are interstate then i suggest you email your question to the club "attention Club President" as soon as possible prior to the meeting so he is aware and can address the question during his members briefing.

The President is reaching out to member to ensure he has a understanding of their concerns/desires and to ensure members feel part of the clubs decision making process WE MUST SUPPORT HIM ---- If members do not assist the President by communicating their concerns/desires then how can he possibly know.

Top of the list for questions for me is information on the lower salary cap, the impact on clubs football performance from this poorly conceived lower salary cap and are steps being taken by the Board is taking to get it removed/reduced.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 524
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:19 am

I agree, oldfella.

This is a good opportunity for supporters to attend and ask questions and support the club. It is a good initiative and deserves a strong attendance and respectful discussion.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am

I attended last nights Presidents Members Forum along with approximately 30 - 40 other members --- whist this attendance # is normal for westies supporters it is sad that more did not attend as it was an excellent and relaxed meeting. I will  leave out what was discussed for others to comment and discuss but would like to pass on my perspective of how the meeting was conducted so others will feel encouraged to attend future briefings

The President and all but 2 Board Members were in attendance with an apology from two missing being received ---- One board member was just arriving back in Australia the other was personal illness however advised the President she was willing to get out of her sick bed and attend if the president or members desired, i was very impressed with this attitude.

The meting was in two parts where firstly the President spoke openly and well in advising the overall response to the members survey, gave a good overview of the clubs planned direction and other matters of concern ---- Also the various Board Members spoke and explained their various individual areas of responsibility.  He then opened the meeting for questions from the floor to which both he and his Board Members took and responded to questions and allowed discussion with polite dissent discussion being encouraged.

NO QUESTION WAS RULED OUT OF ORDER ---- ALL QUESTIONS WERE RESPONDED TO IN AN OPEN FRANK MANNER and most importantly all Board Members ensured they spoke in a clear nontechnical manner so all members clearly understood their responses.

I could not ask more from our President and Board and i look forward to his next members briefing and hope others will feel encouraged to attend.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 524
Job/hobbies : Retired due to being certified mad
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:06 am

I attended the meeting last night.  Unfortunately there was only a small attendance, perhaps about 25.

The President gave an overview of the members' survey results and said the Board would act on them.

There was then an open forum where members asked various questions.  Despite the small attendance, I thought it was a step in the right direction and was open and honest.

I reiterated my strong feeling that we need to have no salary cap restriction next year, regardless of funding.  The Board took note, but were very mindful of the financial situation.  IMO, the SANFL attaching salary cap restrictions to this funding is a misguided and counter-productive move, especially as our football spend is already the lowest in the league.

I think there is a fair chance that we could maintain the extra funding and still have the restrictions removed, as I feel the SANFL might eventually recognise the effect this has on us and how it affects the integrity of the competition.

It was very pleasing to see that Nick Karasoulas had signed several new sponsors.  This was an area that had deteriorated badly last year.

I congratulated Murray Forbes and the new Board members on their appointment and look forward to the club going ahead.

Murray also made a point of wanting members to put their hand up to assist.

All in all, a positive start in communicating to members.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Lee,

Thanks for the update.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 592