bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

OMG Empty Re: OMG

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:36 pm

I didnít go today.
I wonít give any of my hard earned to that stinking mob.
Was always going to be a case of how much we would lose by.
I thought it would be at least 100.....
We kicked 2 goals in the first half.One in the second.
Unless the Board can come out and say that we will have the same cap next year as the other teams in the comp, I will not be renewing my membership.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Well we won't be having the same cap as Port.
The madness of these AFL teams in our comp has to end. I still can't believe the clubs voted for this. Was it ever going to be any different to this?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:35 pm

The only reason why we didnít lose by over 100 points was the fact we played such a defensive game.
An AFL team with an AFL Salary cap against a SANFL Club with a reduced salary cap thanks to the SANFL. What a farce.

For a SANFL Club not to score for 2qrts in conditions like that is totally embarrassing.
To have 7 scoring shots in a full game of SANFL Football in those conditions is even more embarrassing.

As a Football Club our on field performances for the past 4 years have been an Embarrassment and I fear 2020 will be no different.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

OMG Empty Please, Please, Please!

Post by bruce cameron on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:48 pm

As a Football Club our on field performances for the past 4 years have been an Embarrassment and I fear 2020 will be no different. (Lachlan)

If you care for our football club, post, email, phone the football club and tell the board enough is enough. This madness needs to stop now. It is an insult and a disgrace that coaches and players are expected to give 100% and remain optimistic when they are deprived of the resources to be successful. Members and supporters are expected to place their faith in the club's management and support the club when they are being deprived of hope that the team's on field performance will improve in the near future.
Today's result highlighted a number of issues, two of which are our reduced salary cap and the inclusion of AFL reserves teams in the SANFL. Not much can be done about the reserves teams, but the reduced salary cap has to go now. At the very least we must be competitive next year. Without hope members will drop off and the club's future will be jeopardised.
Supporters need an answer now. Will we have a full salary cap next year or not? Surely the board knows the answer to this question now. A simple yes or no.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:01 am

This is no reflection on our CEO because I don't know him, but the fact that he is on loan from the SANFL is a problem in this regard, because he is hardly in a position to defy his employer's wishes and insist on us having a full salary cap. When is the Board going to end this arrangement and appoint an independent CEO who can then represent us free of any conflict of interest?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:27 am

bruce cameron wrote:The silence is deafening and ominous.
I agree with you Bruce, something has to be done. West Adelaide has a long and proud history. It is up to us fans to protect that history and take the club forward into the future the way we want. For me, this means strong on-field performance now and in the years to come. The present Board was imposed on us, but its tenure is transitory. It will go but we don't want the Board to take our club out at the same time. It is not only the on-field performance that is worrying. I am also very concerned about the financial management of all the Club's resources. I want the Club to publish its six months' results with comparative figures for the same period last year. We now have only one person with financial expertise on the Board - half of what we had on our previous Board. The Board does have several very successful retailers. However, our Club is not a retail establishment. I am not filled with confidence. Why not publish the results so that we fans can judge for ourselves how well this football club is doing financially because it is not doing too well on-field.
Mockingjay
Mockingjay

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:28 am

[quote="bruce cameron"].

As a Football Club our on field performances for the past 4 years have been an Embarrassment and I fear 2020 will be no different. (Lachlan)

If you care for our football club, post, email, phone the football club and tell the board enough is enough. This madness needs to stop now. It is an insult and a disgrace that coaches and players are expected to give 100% and remain optimistic when they are deprived of the resources to be successful. Members and supporters are expected to place their faith in the club's management and support the club when they are being deprived of hope that the team's on field performance will improve in the near future.
Today's result highlighted a number of issues, two of which are our reduced salary cap and the inclusion of AFL reserves teams in the SANFL. Not much can be done about the reserves teams, but the reduced salary cap has to go now. At the very least we must be competitive next year. Without hope members will drop off and the club's future will be jeopardised.
Supporters need an answer now. Will we have a full salary cap next year or not? †Surely the board knows the answer to this question now. A simple yes or no.

Sent this to the Club.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 356
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 am

aldo russian wrote:This is no reflection on our CEO because I don't know him, but the fact that he is on loan from the SANFL is a problem in this regard, because he is hardly in a position to defy his employer's wishes and insist on us having a full salary cap. When is the Board going to end this arrangement and appoint an independent CEO who can then represent us free of any conflict of interest?

Couldn't agree more Aldo. Unfortunately, the Board members appear to have been appointed with a view to their "pro-Sanfl" approach. So could it be that the conflict of interest may be even greater than just the CEO's?
Mockingjay
Mockingjay

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 am

Good comments by all writers.
What is the aim of the club/board? We are a football club. Our aim should be to win premierships & be at least a top three contender each season. If that is not our aim, then what are we? A social club?
The board likes to ask us members for support. How about supporting us by giving us a competitive side.
How about supporting our coach Gavin by giving him some league players. Get us back up the ladder into the top three. Please.
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 65
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2013-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Instead of accusing the current board re the current position we are in, why don't members ask what the previous board actually did. It's the previous board that has us in this position, not the new board who have only been in for just over 6 months.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:15 am

whispy wrote:Instead of accusing the current board re the current position we are in, why don't members ask what the previous board actually did. It's the previous board that has us in this position, not the new board who have only been in for just over 6 months.

What members are furious about is the continued acceptance of a reduced salary cap which we can all see is having a devastating impact on our on field performances. This has occured over the past three years and is now biting deep and unless something is not done soon will continue to have a damaging impact on our football club. Only the new 'nominated' board can do something about this. Members want a competitive football team and simply want an answer from the board. Will we have a reduced salary cap next year?
It is a waste of time laying blame, but it is an expectation that the board answers questions put to it. It has an obligation to its members to keep them informed. Murray has acknowledged this on several occasions.

As Iíve stated several times before, Iím a great believer in open and transparent communication. It is my intention to keep members and supporters informed as much as possible about important issues in our club. Of course, communication is a two-way street so I welcome feedback and comments at any time.

So there you have it. Murray welcomes 'feedback and comments' at any time. I think the forum is a good opportunity for 'open and transparent communication.' I read the forum regularly and have to say that nearly all posts are considered and free from abuse. Members are simply calling it as they see it. The perception is that the SANFL have us between a rock and a hard place. Members are concerned about this and have rightly questioned it. The following posts are good examples.

This is no reflection on our CEO because I don't know him, but the fact that he is on loan from the SANFL is a problem in this regard, because he is hardly in a position to defy his employer's wishes and insist on us having a full salary cap. When is the Board going to end this arrangement and appoint an independent CEO who can then represent us free of any conflict of interest?

Unfortunately, the Board members appear to have been appointed with a view to their "pro-Sanfl" approach. So could it be that the conflict of interest may be even greater than just the CEO's?

In a recent statement Murray indicated that 'key performance indicators' reveal that the club is 'still well behind expectations of revenue and cash-flow generation'. Can I ask the board to acknowlege that 'key performance indicators' (ie 1 win) highlight that we are still well behind our expectations for 2019 and hopefully take action which will help improve our on field performances in 2020.

Laying blame is counter productive. What members are doing is voicing their anguish at the current arrangement and asking the board for some reassurance that they are taking action to improve our on field performance. ie reintroduce a full salary cap.

bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:07 am

Does anybody know what the Salary cap is and what ours is at the moment.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:48 am

Yes, bundy. †There is a separate salary cap for Reserves, so forgetting that:

The League salary cap is $400K, generally split into base payments and match payments. †2 years ago, we were restricted to 90% of that, which is $360K. †Given that a very good player is allowed a maximum base of $20K (plus match payments), that is effectively 2 good players short each year.

The previous Board lobbied the SANFL and last year it was raised to 95%, which is a $20K shortfall compared with other clubs. † The SANFL provides significant funding as 'equalisation', hence the restrictions, along with many other conditions.

However, the SANFL insist that any net transfer fees we pay to other SANFL clubs must also come out of our salary cap. †Therefore, last year if we paid $10K in transfer fees, that's $10K less in our cap, unless we receive transfer fees from other clubs for a player of ours. In my opinion, this is punitive.

Contracts must be submitted before the season, not exceeding the cap. †Given injuries, etc, that $400K is never reached.

I'm hoping the SANFL will see their way clear to grant the full cap and still maintain the funding, but if that doesn't happen, I would still prefer to have a full cap. †Otherwise, I see a grim playing future for some time.

My worry is that our trading results, which had improved greatly in the last two years, will drop off again because supporters will drop off. †I hope I'm wrong.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:01 am

Interesting reading ,thank you Lee.I was lucky that i sent an email to Ben Hopkins and he kindly rang me and we had a good conversation.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum