West v North

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v North Empty West v North

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:28 pm

EST
Injury-hit West Adelaide will make at least three change for its clash with North on Saturday.
Utility Brett Turner (ankle) will be out for the rest of the season while star veteran Jonathan Beech will miss at least a month with a knee injury.
Impressive midfielder Patrick Fairlie will return from concussion while his brother Connor Fairlie, recruited from South Adelaide during the season, could make his club debut for the Bloods after being named in the 23-man squad.
Connor Fairlie (22, 174cm and 72kg) has been joined by fellow inclusions Lyndon Hupfeld, Keelan Laube and Aaron Anderson on a five-man extended interchange bench while Chol Majok was sent back to the Reserves.
Premiership defender Logan Hill will play his 150th Statewide Super League game after making his debut in Round 2 of 2008.
League
F: G. Turner, Cleeland, Schmidt
HF: Karpany, Willsmore, J. Evans
C: Batley, P. Fairlie, Waite
HB: Hill, Keough, Levicki
B: Agostino, Ryan, Dunkin

R: Parrella, H. Haysman, K. Stevens
INT: Anderson, Hupfeld, Laube, Wasley-Black, C. Fairlie
IN: Hupfeld, Laube, C. Fairlie, P. Fairlie, Anderson
OUT: B. Turner (ankle), Beech (knee), Majok

Reserves
Pillion, R. Stevens, Inglis, Kirk, Gallaway, Lynch, Wooldridge, L. Evans, Majok, Caruso, S. Bentley, Noonan, Thilithorpe, Morrish, Gutsche, Rana, Day, May, Sinderberry, Moore, G. Haysman.
Under-18
Pearce, Harkins, Ebert, O’Connor-Dawkins, Westley, Iuliano, Bailye, Kelly, Kelsh, Fielke, Sherlock, Morelli, Van den Berg, Nunan, Chamberlain, Nield, Laudato, Gilbert, Stakic, Sareen, Henty-Smith, Groom, Pederick, Bock, Forbes, Boughen.
NORTH
North Adelaide has included two important senior players as it looks to lift itself off the bottom of the ladder against West on Saturday.
Premiership forward Keenan Ramsey has recovered from a hamstring strain to be named at centre half-forward while vice-captain Alex Spina returns from a one-match suspension courtesy of the SANFL Match Review Panel.
Spearhead Mitch Harvey will play his 100th Statewide Super League game after making his debut with Port Adelaide in Round 1 of 2014.
League
F: Szekely, Harvey, Hender
HF: T. Schwarz, Ramsey, Jarman
C: Olekalns, Tropiano, Neagle
HB: Minervini, Smith, Allmond
B: Slee, C. Craig, Laurie

R: A. Barns, Spina, Thring
INT: Aldridge, C. Barns, Combe, J. Schwarz, Neade
IN: Ramsey, Spina
Reserves
Kirk, Wharton, Wohling, Verity, Deep, Miller, J.Craig, Lower, Blair, Agorastos, Keller, Ginever, Hilder, Coleman-Oakes, Magor, Bowman, Langley, Flanagan, Finlay, Scott, Dinning.
Under-18
F: Manning, Robinson, Newchurch
HF: Antrobus, Dowling, Byrne
C: Crompton, Murphy, Dinning
HB: Osborne, Coates, Scott
B: Nance, Vasey, Santillo
R: Hart, L. Borg, Hill
INT: Bernardi, M. Borg, Marshall, Butterworth, Freer, Leese, Hodges, Millar

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

West v North Empty Re: West v North

Post by mikeme on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:38 am

Things have gone quiet from everyone.
Lets all get behind our boys on what will be a WET and Miserable day weather wise. All the players
be it in good form or poor are still out there busting their guts trying to win a game for all of our supporters and for themselves as well.
Will it be Pretty - NO
But if they can get a win we will not feel the cold and almost all will be forgiven (for a few hours at least)

Come Team Lets Do This.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:55 am

Last line should have read,

COME ON TEAM LETS DO THIS
mikeme
mikeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Lets look at this way we have lost 12 senior players in the past year plus 2 taken mid season draft. Hasn't help. Come and Support Logan Hill as he plays his 150th and considering he missed 2 years of football due his horrible leg injury

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 519

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:30 pm

A win would just about save us from the spoon.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Are we putting on the sprinklers to help us make it more of a scrappy game.
Don't know why but Bloods by 10pts.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 365
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Congratulations Logan on 150 games for Westies. All the best for tomorrow. Let's hope you can celebrate with a win.
Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 am

Three of our best Under 18's are playing Reserves today. Riley Thilthorpe, Jye Sinderberry and Will Day.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Two of our best stolen mid season to the AFL!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Match report tomorrow, but.... Go the Bloods!!!!!
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Really rapt for the players and coach that we won that one, particularly given how our list has been decimated. It felt pretty emotional when the siren went. I thought Karpany, Stevens, Levicki and Dunkin were our best, and I thought Laube and Thilthorpe both did some really nice things, and should hold their spots - Laube took some very strong marks. But God almighty, how many times did we give them the footy.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:39 am

A really good win yesterday against the odds. The players commitment for the contest has been there all year.
We have lost so many players over the past 12 months so to win a game of footy is very pleasing. Congratulations to the coach and players.

I thought Stevens was BOG by a fair margin.
Levicki continued his good form, he’s prepared to run and create and his ball use has been good.
Karpanny,Schmidt,Dunkin,Haysman and Waite all had their moments.

A special mention to Riley Tilthorpe who is only 17, he did some very useful things and didn’t look out of place at league level.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:30 am

Thought we got a raw deal from the umps most of the day but were very very lucky not to be pinged holding the ball in their goal square in the last 20 seconds.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:20 am

2 points --- 2 lousy points but the difference to individuals that +2 against-2 makes ---- the difference is amazingly huge.

Let me share what happened to me in regards to yesterdays game --- the Black Dog has not only been out the last 4-5 days but it has been viciously chewing me up to such a state that yesterday I not only could not watch the game live at home but I could not even follow the scores as I was so upset at not attending because I was scared to leave my house. At about 6pm a friend rang and told me the great news ---- within an hour the Black Dog was gone back into his kennel and now I am looking forward to watching the game later today.

I don't care how well or bad we played WE WON!

Aldo, I have not seen yet but take your word about the late potential free but surely its about time we got a decision late in the game in out favour --- very unusual LOL

Thank you players and coach for what you did for me ---- I am so happy that you have got rewards for hard work an dedication you have been putting in.

Bundy mate, I hope it gave you a boost too.

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 561
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 am

aldo russian wrote:Thought we got a raw deal from the umps most of the day but were very very lucky not to be pinged holding the ball in their goal square in the last 20 seconds.

If we were playing Norwood, it would have been.
An important win in the context of our season. Although the team has given 100% for most of the year, it was nice to see effort rewarded especially given our deficiencies. Gavin's expectations from all players has not diminished over the year and we saw this first hand yesterday.
To finish the season behind a team which was penalised 4 premiership points and had the guts ripped out of it after winning the flag would be totally unacceptable.
It was great to see so many happy Westies supporters yesterday. The win was a fitting tribute to Logan's 150 games for the club.

bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:53 am

That was a VERY long 6 minutes. From the time that Haysman slotted the last goal at the 19min mark to the time the siren went at the 25min mark North threw everything at us. To our great credit we held our nerve but a few heart jitters in the crowd.

With the 2 bottom teams playing the contest was not pretty but Westies had a real determination around their approach and credit to the coaching staff and the players for this well-deserved win. We looked good at 3Q time but North dominated the final Q but we would not be denied such is the character of the group.

Well done to Logan Hill. A wonderful team man he had a great game yesterday and was chaired off at the end. Thought Hupfeld worked well down back. Karpany had his best game for the club and liked the way he created scoring chances by bringing other players into the game. Parella has improved in his field play taking a bag of marks around the ground. Stevens again best. Schmidt a better player when not starting fights.

Thilthorpe (199cm) and Laube showed a lot of promise. Thilthorpe leapfrogged the Reserves game straight into the league team from U18s when Josh Ryan pulled out. This took the Footy Budget by surprise – they missed Laube as well. Thilthorpe's juggled mark in time on was critical to the win.

Umpiring favoured North all day.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 170

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 am

Oldfella wrote:2 points --- 2 lousy points but the difference to individuals that +2 against-2 makes ---- the difference is amazingly huge.

Let me share what happened to me in regards to yesterdays game --- the Black Dog has not only been out the last 4-5 days but it has been viciously chewing me up to such a state that yesterday I not only could not watch the game live at home but I could not even follow the scores as I was so upset at not attending because I was scared to leave my house. At about 6pm a friend rang and told me the great news ---- within an hour the Black Dog was gone back into his kennel and now I am looking forward to watching the game later today.

I don't care how well or bad we played WE WON!

Aldo, I have not seen yet but take your word about the late potential free but surely its about time we got a decision late in the game in out favour --- very unusual LOL

Thank you players and coach for what you did for me ---- I am so happy that you have got rewards for hard work an dedication you have been putting in.

Bundy mate, I hope it gave you a boost too.
Oldfella thanks for thoughts sorry for you mate. i just had a feeling we were going to win so i wandered down to the oval even after stopping at a shopping centre and contemplating going home but continued on and bloody glad i did.Nice to see some familiar and friendly faces. TAAARS your a champ.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:46 pm

We lost another last quarter.

We didn't kick a goal from very early in the third quarter until very late in the last.

But we won. The massed sighs of relief consumed the grandstand and surrounds as the siren went moments after the defining one-on-one contest of the match.  The coach was happy and we were a happy for him. Down 14 players at selection from a full list, he'd taken a forced
gamble and some unforced ones. At such times, fortune favours the brave and so it did this time.

I posted last week that I'd watched the 18's the week before and talked up one or two players, so I was happy to see Jye Sinderberry play well enough in the 2's to be named best player, while only the Streaming commentators had no idea of who No 51 in the league team was. Riley Thilthorpe, just under 200cms, turned 17 last week, fitted in nicely and added some excitement.  We'll have him l next year apart from State Under 18 duties, before he's picked up at pick 1, 2 or 3.

Keelan Laube has only played about 3 games, but will play many more.

Quite rightly, the day was all about Logan Hill, BOG for his game on Thring, also BOG for being a champion bloke.

Kaine Stevens was everywhere, worked hard, made things happen and disposed of the ball well, while I thought Hugh Haysman added run that had been missing from our game.

The defence was good. 3 good games in a row from Pat Levicki, Dunkin played really well, Hupfeld was nicely solid, Batley made some crucial line-breakinv runs and Parella rucked well.

Chris Schmidt was effective across half back.

I got a call just before the game. "Where are you, Lethal?". I caught up with the caller, Adam Richardson, who then had a steady stream of admirers for the rest of the day.

I watched some of the 18's. They're travelling nicely.

It was nice to leave the oval feeling good, with some positives.

Mostly, I felt good for our coach.

He and the players deserved the win.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Of course, I forgot Kenny. Kenny was very good and kicked 2.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 am

Lee Harradine wrote:We lost another last quarter.
We didn't kick a goal from very early in the third quarter until very late in the last.
But we won.
I was wondering how Lee would write-up the match, as others so far on this thread had understandably been result oriented. Why distract from a win?
Lee's report is a canny portrayal of a mix of failure and achievement.
It had to be said - West played poorly.
But again, their endeavour could not be questioned.
I haven't watch the replay to confirm, but I thought the umpiring was fine (relatively). West gave soooo many frees away and the ball to North without infringement soooooooo many more times. The number of turnovers this year, I believe, is the sole reason for their position on the table. We've seen glimpses of very good play this year, so I don't see a lack of talent and therefore I'm not a critic of this year's recruiting.  On topic, I would add Willsmore to those declared best already on this thread.
Inconsistency is every coach's nightmare and there is no known cure. I've said regularly this year - West appear to play just less than the standard of each week's opposition. i.e. if their play matched that against Port, the win against North would have been by much more.
Lee Harradine wrote:Down 14 players at selection from a full list,...
Inconsistency due to destabilisation?

Anyway, very pleasing to win the battle for the wooden spoon.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:56 am

How Good was the couple of hours straight after the game.
We all take any win we can get be it UGLY or not, 2 points or 10 goals a win is a win and that will beat losing every day of the year.
I know at work on Monday it was a lot better answering people that wanted to know that we WON.
I know at home my dog didn't care if we WON or not but she seemed to know i was a lot happier (the wife too).
I know at the club everyone was happy that we WON.

I know that this week things could be back to as they were prior to Saturdays WIN but we all live in a fantasy world at times and mine is, if we can beat Sturt then we could leap over the Bulldogs into 8th place on the ladder and look forward to playing another team below us the following week.

Happy Days are here again.

Go the Bloods.
mikeme
mikeme

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Of course, I forgot Kenny. Kenny was very good and kicked 2.

Agree Lee. Kenny played a top game todays conditions really suited him.A bit more consistency to win me over.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum