Head Retires

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Head Retires Empty Head Retires

Post by Oldfella on Thu 22 Aug - 6:47

Dustin Head has announced his retirement.

I have love all players who pull on a West Adelaide jumper and have seen many of the great but it may surprise some that there is a very select small group who I call Champion (about 20 in total).

It may surprise some even more that many of those I call Champion have played very limited league football rather I have watched their massive courageous efforts to get fit for just one league game at Westies.

DUSTIN HEAD --- YOU CLEARLY ARE A WESTIES CHAMPION.

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/heady-hangs-up-the-boots/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 576
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Head Retires Empty Re: Head Retires

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu 22 Aug - 7:15

I was Head Trainer when Dustin hurt his knee each time, including the Claremont game. It is so upsetting when that happens to a player, as we all know what it means. What many people can't see is the long rehab procedure, the endless hours of gym recovery, the never-say-die attitudes and the group dynamic at such times. Dustin was the benchmark for courage and team cohesion through those procedures and everyone at Westies knew it.

I remember watching his junior footy 'highlights' at draft time and they were as good as any I'd seen. Injury robbed Dustin of a great football career, but he had a great career anyway- 9 league games that he cherishes and an unsurpassed respect from everyone.

I'm sure his strengths also come from his family's values, too.

Thanks Dustin, you're a champion.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Head Retires Empty Re: Head Retires

Post by bruce cameron on Thu 22 Aug - 11:45

All the very best to you Dustin.
Oldfella summed it up nicely
It may surprise some even more that many of those I call Champion have played very limited league football rather I have watched their massive courageous efforts to get fit for just one league game at Westies. (quote)
Let your example inspire the team in 2020.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum