Inclusive League GF Thanks

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Inclusive League GF Thanks Empty Inclusive League GF Thanks

Post by bruce cameron on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 am

Goodwood Saints lost the GF to Eastern Park by 25 pts which was a great effort considering that Eastern Park has only lost one game during the past five years. Sean's contribution was modest to say the least, (he got one possession and was caught holding the ball) but he thoroughly enjoyed the day. He enjoyed having his family and friends there to share the day with him. In particular, he was excited because Gibson Turner came to watch and Fielks phoned him in the morning to wish him all the best. The team is well coached and the coaching staff focus on the bigger picture. In response to an email I sent the coach, he wrote the following:
An absolute pleasure Bruce, the footy result is only an incidental thing, hopefully it’s the life impact that is measurable
Sean will remember this day for a long time. We'd like to thank all his friends at Westies who took an interest. Thank you. Thank you also to Gibson and Kenny who signed Sean's Indigenous guernsey and to Sophie who photographed the event.

I think the link below still works, so if you'd like to take a quick look you should be able to. One of the highlights was when the teams lined up for the playing of the national anthem. The oldest player on the ground was 62 and the youngest 15, not a bad spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSTReG0Wg4U&fbclid=
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Inclusive League GF Thanks Empty Re: Inclusive League GF Thanks

Post by Oldfella on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 am

Thank you Bruce --- this choked me up a bit ---- with our complaints about a lot of things in football we forget the simplest fact.

ITS ONLY A GAME SO ENJOY IT.

Thanks for video link --- have watched the first quarter and I find it a very competitive game that is actually enjoyable to watch --- dam some of these kids are fearless -- will watch rest later today --- thanks again

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 564
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:55 am

Bruce,

It was great that Gibson Turner kept his promise to Sean. Gibson and his partner Jess are two wonderful young people.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:35 pm

Now that is footy at its best. Not patronizing it but it was better than some AWFL games.Thoroughly enjoyed it.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 366
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum