WHATS GOING ON

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHATS GOING ON

Post by Thiele on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:52 pm

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/more-than-100000-vanishes-from-west-adelaide-football-club-but-police-arent-called-in/story-fnii5yv4-1226756508925#mm-breached. In tomorrows Sunday mail
Thiele

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WHATS GOING ON

Post by loppy19 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:38 am

The club is going to have a hard time convincing me to sign as a member next season. How can I be sure the money will actually go to the club and not into someones' pocket??

This is happening on an annual basis the last few years, is the club is amateur or semi-professional?
Disillusioned with the communication to members on the Port/Crows vote and now this, what a joke of a club WAFC is at present.

loppy19

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Edited a post referring to this and again we ask posters to be very careful with what they post while this matter is under investigation.

Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:50 pm

From the club

In response to the article in today’s Sunday Mail the West Adelaide Football Club wishes to make the following statement.

The Board of the West Adelaide Football Club will not be commenting on the matters raised in the article until the conclusion of a full internal review of the Club’s operations. This review has been ongoing for the majority of the 2013 season and any comments now, in the Board’s opinion would be premature. With certain sensitivities surrounding this matter the Board wishes to assure all stakeholders that it will continue to act in the Club's best interests.

At the conclusion of this internal review the Club will be making further comment.

The Board further wishes to reassure all members and supporters of the club that we have collectively worked incredibly hard to turn around the financial situation of the Club this year to ensure the viability of the Club now and into the future. While the full financial statements for the 2013 year have not yet been completed we are confident of a significant surplus for the past financial year.

- The Board of West Adelaide Football Club Inc.
brodlach

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dawg on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 am

$100,000 has disappeared and the Police aren't called? What in the hell is going on down there? There would want to be a very very good explanation for this, yet again the members are being kept in the dark.

Maybe we need to look a bit further into the missing safe aswell. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
hound dawg

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dawg on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Why so much silence? What have I missed here... can someone PM with the story if no one is going to mention on here

$100K goes missing and no one cares?
hound dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm

I find the whole thing suspicious and the lack of transparency and communication to members alarming.
Serious questions must be asked and I hope that a special AGM is called as a minimum. This is a circus, 100k goes missing and we should just let it be.... pathetic
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by bludntars on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:48 pm

What next is going to happen at the club
bludntars

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 pm

New management with proper industry leading controls - I will see to it that the board talks to this person in the near future - some good will come of all this
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dawg on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:16 am

So someone has stolen 100k and the board are trying to work out a way to get it back or are they covering their tracks? How about calling the police if we have been fleeced! By the sounds of it at the end of the day some sort of fraud has taken place. Why is the board taking so long?

The silence is deafening.
hound dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by 618315 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 am

Go to the WAFC Official Site and read the latest statement from the Club. I don't think the Board are taking no action re this matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 am

At the AGM in February this year the members voted in new board members and following the AGM a new president was appointed.

From the outset the new Board started reviewing the operations of the club.

As part of this review process and the move to introduce a new accounting system just over 4 weeks ago some anomalies in the accounts were discovered. Subsequently our main interest was to protect the member’s funds and recoup all outstanding monies as quickly as possible.

All known amounts identified have been recovered in full.

As part of a restructure the Club has also now appointed new professional management in all areas of the club with new General Manager of Operations and New CEO that starts in January of next year.

This issue does not rest here as we will as a board continue to fully investigate and protect the clubs interests with a full report at the AGM in February of next year.

This has been a very tough time for all concerned but I can assure you that the board has worked tirelessly this year to improve the clubs operations and financial position.

In closing the club is now in a great space to move forward and under our new coach Mark Mickan have a great 2014 season.

From President and Board of the West Adelaide Football Club

brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:38 pm

So do I gets that again in the paper tomorrow again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:56 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/fans-split-after-west-adelaide-football-clubs-100000-in-missing-cash-repaid-by-employees-family/story-fnii0631-1226761775536.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:59 am

While other clubs are making the news for signing new recruits, coaches or draft prospects, over at Richmond we continue to make the news for this sort of rubbish. The laughing stock of the SANFL in board and management for the last decade.
Club over the individual- there must be a statement that pending internal investigation- police will be called in. I don't care what the "sensitivities" are, I care that some lowlife has stolen from the club during a time of great financial pressure and at a time when the club has been basically begging from everyone to stay afloat.....
Enough of this bullshit- HTFU West Board!
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 pm

I am not one bit on the perpetrators side,it does not seem to be a gambling problem I put it down to EGO and GREED.I for one want police called in to investigate NOW!!!!!!!!!
bundy

Number of posts : 285
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls at Freeling
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Just on your recruiting point, we can only announce one more signing before December 21st due to the sanctions we are under.
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I think it's more than that brodlach, we are at least allowed to replace Porplyzia, Laird and Rutten.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:47 pm

You are right, forgo about Rutten
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:55 pm

And then we can sign any amount we like in 2014 (Our ban ends mid december)
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm

We can actually sign them now wolves, the ban prevents registering them with the SANFL, not signing them.
aldo russian

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Cheers Aldo - Lets hope there are players to sign Exclamation 
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down