INS AND OUTS

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

INS AND OUTS - Page 6 Empty Re: INS AND OUTS

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:44 am

Whispy, you raise a good point about 2015. One of the positives of that side was the number of very good juniors who came through from our Under 18 premiership side. Snelling, Haysman, Brind, etc, along with the previous crop of juniors who made the team. On top of that, we had seasoned West juniors - Fielke, Middleton, Green, etc.

Our problem now is that we're coming off a period of terrible boundaries, fixed now, but that will take another year or two to filter through.

I think there are only 4 players left from the 2015 premiership team (?). In only 4 years.

Let's hope we pick up some good players after the draft and that our finances turn around. I've always been optimistic about our financial situation and remain so.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1043

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:50 am

mikeme wrote:I'm still here.
Interested reading on the woe's of the football club.
It all points to one thing on field performance or lack there of.
The game (in club land) is simple - WIN games, Win some more games and the rest of the noise goes away. The club makes money, the supporters are happy and world peace is restored.

Infighting is no good for anyone and just sends us into more infighting.

All we can do is continue to support the club as we always have and now trust the people that some smarter people than I have put in charge and hopefully watch the club grow and be successful once again.

What mikeme says.

The site is for comments on our club and criticism is fine, as long as it is respectful.

Derogatory comments about other posters, specific or implied, are unnecessary and will be deleted without explanation.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:58 am

When you are at the bottom you need to work harder than any other club to recruit players. When you miss out on a few players you need to keep trying and trying and trying until you get the required result.

I think next year the New Football Director needs to become heavily involved in this side of the business. We need to employ a new Football Mgr who can sell the club and who has a high profile in Football circles.

James Fantasia would have played a big part in Recruiting at Norwood with the background he has.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 630

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:29 pm

If we could sign 4 quality players right now I think that would make an enormous difference to the way people are feeling on this forum.

Members and Supporters want hope when they go into a new Football Year and right now they are seeing none.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Interesting to see the senior players from our club who have nominated for this year's draft - Ken Karpany, Murray Waite, Hugh Haysman and Gibson Turner.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 711

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Other than perhaps Murray Waite none of the other players who nominated for the draft would play in any other current SANFL side.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:56 pm

They might be “carry over” names from previous drafts
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:32 pm

brodlach wrote:They might be “carry over” names from previous drafts
No, they've nominated for this year's. You have to nominate each year to be eligible.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Will Day gone

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 579
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 pm

To Hawthorn, Robert's VFL club.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Recruiting and resigning players is going well then?
And yes I know Will Day got drafted and good luck to him but we still need to cover the loss.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am

well we have all been asked to sit and wait for the drafts to happen. They are now complete
Let’s watch the recruits roll in Very Happy
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:56 am

Elliott Dunkin not picked up.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:19 pm

There is absolutely no excuse for us not to sign a few quality players.
We have the money it’s time for Gav and Ben to deliver.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:27 am

Billy Stretch signs at the Bays

Anyone left? I hope there is some good news soon
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:47 am

Only good news for me is that I reduced my Golf handicap by 1 last week.

Almost got a hole in ONE, just missed by 3 shots.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:04 am

We still have $100k in our salary cap and no Quality players have been signed.

I’m sounding like a broken record, but can somebody at the club please update us with what is going on in regards to recruiting.

The President in his last report stated we continue to chase Key Recruits for 2020. SO FAR WE HAVE SIGNED NO KEY RECRUITS AND it’s Dec 6th.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Lachlan wrote:We still have $100k in our salary cap and no Quality players have been signed.

I’m sounding like a broken record, but can somebody at the club please update us with what is going on in regards to recruiting.

The President in his last report stated we continue to chase Key Recruits for 2020. SO FAR WE HAVE SIGNED NO KEY RECRUITS AND it’s Dec 6th.

I agree. We should be hearing from the club regarding what can only be described as a diabolical situation.
We finished an ugly bottom.

We have lost a large number of players due to retirement, draft and moving on. We haven't even covered what we have lost.

There are obviously issues with staffing given the events of a few weeks ago.

We're set to announce a reduced profit for the current year.

Despite regaining a full salary cap, we have not been able to attract quality players to the club.

The lack of communication with members is concerning. If an outsider was to read the club's Facebook page and then have a look through the Forum posts, he/she would think that they were reading about two different clubs.

I wonder how membership is going. It can't be great.

WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR SOME GOOD NEWS, HOPEFULLY BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:15 pm

I think this is what we are all dreamers. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 376
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Hard to argue with ‘bruce cameron’s’ post.......... anyone?
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:19 pm

We won 2 games in 2019 and lost a heap of players.
We have not landed 1 key recruit.
2020 will be an absolute disaster.
I agree with other posts, the lack of communication is not good enough.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Not sure if any one else saw glenelgs recruits today?
We have all been told to wait for the draft.. guess they mean the mid season draft 2020?
As for communication, it’s a disgrace.
The Facebook communication is terrible and has any one on here seen the Instagram?
My son follows the west Adelaide football club on Instagram.
The amount of “likes” to people who have nothing to do with the club or football for that fact and the weird commenting makes you wonder what the hell is going on at this club. Are we just a party club who once every 30 years wins a flag??
The clubs in serious trouble
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:52 am

Not going to get anyone enthused by resigning existing players and reserves from our competitors. At this stage I’ll be doing other things most weekends by rd 3 when it is evident we are still by far the weakest team that will be lucky to win 3 games. Hope it changes but can’t see much evidence of any decent signings coming. Anyone able to provide a report if anyone is training with us? As others have said, communications from the club are abysmal!
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Personally, I'm not as keen as others to receive communication from the club advising that we haven't recruited anyone of note, our kitchen operations are a shambles, staff have left, and our financial performance has been poor.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 am

aldo russian wrote:Personally, I'm not as keen as others to receive communication from the club advising that we haven't recruited anyone of note, our kitchen operations are a shambles, staff have left, and our financial performance has been poor.

But it would be comforting to know that something is being done about it. What about the three year plan? Does it address these issues? Will members be enlightened as to the extended structure of the board re sub committees? Will KPIs for ALL positions in the club be published on the web site?

I was told by Ben that the minutes of board meetings are not published as they are largely confidential. Whilst I accept this, maybe it would be informative if Murray's address to members included a short statement from each board member detailing what they had been doing the past month, excluding confidential information of course. Some specifics would be nice. I find Murray's communication to be lacking detail and sometimes misleading. For example: We are continuing to recruit key players who will form part of a team that is focussed on a successful year ahead. This implies that key players have already been recruited. Have I missed an announcement?

The board is also working towards holding a strategic planning day for the board, to be run by a professional facilitator, very soon. This will help us to crystallise our overall goals for the club, and will result in clearer and better-defined plans for long term growth and stability. I will keep you informed of the progress of this in the weeks ahead.
When I asked Ben about this he told me that the professional facilitator was not engaged because it was only a matter of fine tuning the existing plan. There was no need to spend money on a professional facilitator. This made sense to me, but members should have been informed otherwise Murray might be unfairly accused of making false statements.

I would think that the greatest asset this club has is its members. We may have lost our voting rights, but not our right to be kept informed.

bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum