:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

2020 Empty 2020

Post by redblack32 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:26 am

So we are just under a week away from November.
I’m guessing preseason will be starting soon?
What will our team for 2020 look like?
I’m guessing we have retained every one from last year as the club has only let us members know that EWB and Schmidt have left?
Or are Boyle and Grant the only 2 contracted players we have at the moment?
The lack of communication from our football club is quite concerning
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-10-11

Back to top Go down

2020 Empty Re: 2020

Post by Oldfella on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:40 am

I think preseason starts on Monday November the 11th.

Its normal that clarity on who has left occurs after the first training session - the interest to me is who has (sadly) had to have operations etc and who will have restricted preseasons.

Agreed, only 2 recruits announced at this time with recruiting being ongoing and a way to go yet

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 561
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:08 am

Jono Beech To Take a Year Away From SANFL Football

I have the deepest feelings for this young man and what he has been through in recent years so I wish him and Teegan health and happiness.

I hope he may come back and become a 200 game player but even if he doesn't,  what an outstanding record he leaves and what a great Westies person he is!

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/jono-beech-to-take-a-year-away-from-sanfl-football/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:08 am

Well lots of outs from 2019......
We must have plenty of cash to spend. Most of our highest paid players are out the door 🚪
Beech, Schmidt, Noble, Burgess, Snelling, Middleton, Wasley-Black, Bates
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:12 am

It's stating the obvious I know but if our recruiting isn't first class we are in a world of trouble. By my count we've lost 12 players who played League for us, from this year's list. This leaves us with no more than about 12 good League players at the club right now. All the club's energies should be directed to this area now.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:28 pm

As Aldo says we need to Recruit very well this year, better than we have for many many years. We now have a full time coach and hopefully a full salary cap, therefore we have no excuses. The paid employees of the Club need to deliver
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 am

aldo russian wrote:It's stating the obvious I know but if our recruiting isn't first class we are in a world of trouble. By my count we've lost 12 players who played League for us, from this year's list. This leaves us with no more than about 12 good League players at the club right now. All the club's energies should be directed to this area now.

Couldn't agree more. Only two recruits announced so far, one needs surgery and may be available for Round 1 and the other might be useful at best. I just wonder who will want to come and play for us, given our abysmal performances over the past four years. Even if we have a full salary cap next year, will it make any difference? Hopefully yes, but possibly not. Good luck to the recruiters. A pity we're not in the AFL, then our mediocrity would be rewarded.
A 'world of trouble' = a world of pain.
Also, good luck growing our membership.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:13 pm

Southport has signed former Adelaide Crow and SANFL premiership forward Jonathan Beech.
The forward and midfielder starred for West Adelaide for a number of years before becoming a mature-age draftee at the Crows, where he played three AFL games in two seasons.

Good luck to Beechy up there. Thanks for everything and all the best
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:47 pm

redblack32 wrote:Southport has signed former Adelaide Crow and SANFL premiership forward Jonathan Beech.
The forward and midfielder starred for West Adelaide for a number of years before becoming a mature-age draftee at the Crows, where he played three AFL games in two seasons.

Good luck to Beechy up there. Thanks for everything and all the best
Think you will find beechy will be back with us next year. He also plans to travel

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 519

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum