Where are they now?

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Where are they now? Empty Where are they now?

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:29 am

I'm just back from Byron Bay.  Several ex-players were playing the AFL 9's Masters there, as a team of ex-Westies, supplemented by Matthew Primus and David Mensch.

I have to say I was over the moon to be invited by the boys, especially after a difficult year for me at Westies.  To say I was looked after would be an understatement.  Tim Symes and Adam Richardson made sure I was sorted and when I got there, we all had a great weekend.

The boys won their first 3 games, but had a slow start in game 4 the next morning (possibly related to the night before), although a couple of the boys had to miss with injury and sickness,  That narrow loss was to the team who won the GF, so it was a good effort.

They wound up with a win in game 5.

I'll follow this with some news on the players there, from Greg Mellor and Jamie Andriske, to Troy Ackland, Ben Hollands, Macka Banik, Glenn Kilpatrick and many others.  (Next posts).

Lots of stories for the book and of course, Tim Symes was brilliant, as always.

Now recovering from some sun and waiting to hear some news on an application, but it was a weekend to restore faith.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

Where are they now? Empty Re: Where are they now?

Post by Oldfella on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:44 am

I have it on good authority that you still kick up a storm on the dance floor Lee LOL

Looking forward with news on these former players

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 561
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Where are they now? Empty Re: Where are they now?

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Roped into it, oldfella Cool

To continue, I had a lovely chat with Glenn Kilpatrick. As we all know, 'Killa' was only at the Bloods for one year, winning the Magarey Medal, after 3 years at Essendon, before spending 7 good years at Geelong. He told me he loved his time at Westies and went into how he got here, etc.

Spent a lot of time with Macka Banik (and his lovely wife Vanessa), again listening to his story. I'd forgotten that Chris Barrett finished his career at Port and now know why, along with the story behind some of the controversial issues of the time.

As it happened, I also bumped into Shaun Rehn and had a good chat with him.

All of that will be in the book when it's finished (a lot of time will be needed, but hopefully worth it.).

Next post, Youngster and Super, Timothy and Pride, Axe and H, Nos 11 and 25, the KF medal winner x 4.

The final 27 posts about No 1, of course Very Happy

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2014-05-24

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum