richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

richmond Oval home for crows female team ? Empty richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

Post by Oldfella on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am

Just seen this on face book

https://www.facebook.com/CrowsAFLW/photos/a.245418516129585/405749030096532/?type=3&theater

The reigning AFLW premiers will have a new home ground for most of the 2020 season, with the Crows to play three matches at Richmond Oval.

Unley Oval will host Adelaide’s other home game, which saw 7700 fans cheer on the Crows in Round Six of the 2019 season.

https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-10-29/fixture-adelaides-new-home-for-2020?fbclid=IwAR1xcnwfg9rXqctDvGIrpBdxjBnWFtJAsBdd-NYGuUoXeczOLXigp85_44s

ju

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 681
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

richmond Oval home for crows female team ? Empty Re: richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

Post by aldo russian on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Is it too much to ask them to respect our sponsor and call it City Mazda Stadium? They could then indicate in brackets that it's Richmond Oval for those ignorant of the SANFL.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 817

Back to top Go down

richmond Oval home for crows female team ? Empty Re: richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

Post by mikeme on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

This is a great get for the WAFC.
Just want to throw it out there....Have we lost City Mazda as a sponsor?
All communication should be City Mazda Stadium for the new home of AFLW not Richmond Oval.
while i don't mind reverting back to Richmond Oval we do need to give our sponsor more bang for their buck and this is a good way to get them out there.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:25 pm

This was posted on another forum.

Just for interest so we can do better next time.

You have to question if West Adelaide really want the AFLW matches at Hisense Stadium this season.

I went to the AFLW trial match yesterday, and they had one canteen open that was only selling drinks, with patrons directed to the bistro for food, who were only selling toasted sandwiches. I get that it's a trial match, so I understand that you would provide limited catering accordingly, but to provide pretty much nothing for the spectators is unprofessional. A mate that came to the game opted against stopping somewhere on the way for breakfast so he could get something at the ground (and in turn, investing in a local club). He ended up going to Vili's after lunch because of the lack of catering at the ground.

They also had no scoreboard operating, and did not provide access to the timekeepers room, resulting in the Crows having to provide an air horn for the game.

It was a very poor first impression the club gave AFLW fans, and I hope they lift their game for the 3 AFLW matches they'll have. If they don't want the matches, I'm sure there will be plenty of other clubs who'll gladly have the matches.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Admin wrote:This was posted on another forum.

Just for interest so we can do better next time.

You have to question if West Adelaide really want the AFLW matches at Hisense Stadium this season.

I went to the AFLW trial match yesterday, and they had one canteen open that was only selling drinks, with patrons directed to the bistro for food, who were only selling toasted sandwiches. I get that it's a trial match, so I understand that you would provide limited catering accordingly, but to provide pretty much nothing for the spectators is unprofessional. A mate that came to the game opted against stopping somewhere on the way for breakfast so he could get something at the ground (and in turn, investing in a local club). He ended up going to Vili's after lunch because of the lack of catering at the ground.

They also had no scoreboard operating, and did not provide access to the timekeepers room, resulting in the Crows having to provide an air horn for the game.

It was a very poor first impression the club gave AFLW fans, and I hope they lift their game for the 3 AFLW matches they'll have. If they don't want the matches, I'm sure there will be plenty of other clubs who'll gladly have the matches.

Assuming the the above post is factually correct, then our lack of service at yesterday's trial match is inexcusable and the use of the term 'unprofessional' in the post is entirely justified. This should have been treated as an opportunity to develop positive relationships with AFLW supporters, players and staff. Given that the Crows play three home games at Hisense Arena, yesterday's trial was a perfect opportunity to set the ground work for the AFLW season. It just makes good business sense. If they can get 7,000+ at Unley then there is no reason that we also should be able to do the same. The combined attendance should be between 22,000 and 25,000. These numbers would provide us with the opportunity to make some serious money. How many home matches will it take this coming season to chalk up 25,000 attendees? Who is responsible for making this work? As the poster above points out, there would be plenty of other clubs who would gladly host the games.
Also, when did/does City Mazda Stadium become Hisense Arena? Is it now or when the season starts? Surely this should have been ironed out when the new oval naming rights deal was struck.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Quote "then our lack of service at yesterday's trial match is inexcusable and the use of the term 'unprofessional' in the post is entirely justified" I do not entirely agree taking below into account

In terms of food --- Honestly, I feel it would have been near impossible to guess how many were going to attend an AFL Woman's trail game and when one considers that any unused food stocks (pies. pasties etc) must be throw out at a loss to the club then by at least having drinks available this was a fair compromise in my opinion. THE FINANCIAL RISK IN THIS CASE CANNOT BE JUSTIFIED.

I am sure that when the Crows AFLW play their 3 home games the club will a position of realistic idea/estimate of the attendance and then appropriate food etc supplies will be available.

Reference "Electronic Score Board" the "Electronic Score Board" requires an operator who knows how to work it and in my opinion it is not the clubs responsibility to supple or pay for that person --- Did the Crows request same and were they willing to provide a person to fill said role who I am sure the club would have trained. Most definitely a question that the Club & Crows need to sort out before the 3 home games.

Just a little more information on this, the "Electronic Score Board" removable control panel is plugged in and operated from the "Time Keepers" box (top center of stand for those who do not know) the removable electronic control box is locked away for security at a separate location inside the stand.

"Time Keepers" box This would seem on face value to be clearly an oversight by the Westies person (everybody makes a mistake) who unlocked the Grandstand facilities unless the Crows had indicated that they did not require the area ---- having said that if it were a massive impost on the Crows then they only had to ask over at the club and it would have swiftly been unlocked --- more information is needed before blaming the club.

Quote "when did/does City Mazda Stadium become Hisense Arena? Is it now or when the season starts? Surely this should have been ironed out when the new oval naming rights deal was struck".

In a three-year deal, the home of the Bloods will be known as Hisense Stadium throughout seasons 2020, 2021 and 2022 of the SANFL and SANFLW competitions. Back of Mound bar presently having sign changed to Hisense sponsorship logo, I asked when I noticed the work being undertaken at the club Friday night.

My understanding is that sponsors run from start of club financial year to end of “Financial Year” which is the period of one year ending on 31 October in each calendar year.

Also must mention that I was pleased that the meals are back on and one can also get "takeaway orders (+ $1.00)" --- must say I did partake a very nice schnitzel with excellent quick service at a very fair price.

Last edited by Oldfella on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I cannot spell LOL)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 pm

I corrected people on Facebook when I see people mentioned Richmond. Secondly there was a SANFLW trial on before the Crows trial. If anything is to go by there is hardly open anything in the past for trials because no one really turns up.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Is there a discussion here for the Club being on the front foot and generating interest, and therefore income in these areas!? Smile
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:56 pm

RODH2 wrote:Is there a discussion here for the Club being on the front foot and generating interest, and therefore income in these areas!?  Smile

Very good question mate and I think the answer is clearly yes for the Club being on the front foot and generating interest and therefore income in these areas but how they do it is the real question.

To me the question also is do they target Westies home games or the Crows --- interesting --- several options are up for discussion.

Given Crows will get more in attendance (est 6.000) is this priority over SANFL for at least 2 weeks prior to the Crows home game.
or
Do we highlight Westies and leave PR for Crows game to the Crows.
or
Do we highlight who ever is playing that week.

I honestly dont know and as I said very good question mate

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Surely, we seize whatever opportunities present themselves, just like any successful business would. Making sure that a trip to the club/oval is a positive experience for all is a step in the right direction. There may have been Crows supporters/support staff who attended yesterday that are potential Westies' members or at least prepared to patronise our club in the future. There is also advertising through word of mouth. Do these AFLW matches also provide the club with the opportunity to actively promote itself using the lovable Westies' wolf.
Whose job was it to oversee catering/use of facilities yesterday? I'm sure there are ways to minimise risk when numbers are unknown. Experienced caterers would know what foods to offer with minimal risk of spoilage/wastage. Don't we still have an old school scoreboard in the outer. This could have been operated by a Crows' volunteer. No need to train anyone. From the information Oldfella supplied, it seems that the timekeeper's room was not opened.
Hopefully, we get healthy crowds along to the AFLW games and the club makes the most of the opportunities provided.

Last edited by bruce cameron on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 pm

What bruce cameron said, Oldfella, for mine !! Smile
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:47 am

Apart from the lack of facilities open for the Crow's women's trial game comes with the lack of information regarding the trial. As mentioned in a couple of previous posts I only live around the corner of the club and the only way I knew about the trial was by all the cars parking in my street and people walking to the game in Crow scarfs. Would it of been hard to post something on our website to say it was happening, I know it is up to the Crows to spruik it but we were the ones to gain financially from it. I did attend the club early while the trial was on and again there was only the same 2 people inside the club as there always is. The Bar staff became busy serving coffee to some spectators who came in but not many. We were told that the line for the canteen was very long as I believe (I could be wrong) there was only one person serving there.
Yes the Crow's team are visitors to our club and sure the public do not pay to get in but I would think that when an opportunity comes along like this we get behind it and try to make as much as we can via all means possible - full function canteen, BBQ and small bar if possible. Only to chose to do nothing or very little will again set us up for failure not only financial but what would be the chances of being rewarded with next years home games, trial games? Very slim already I would say.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:30 am

This is happening time and time again. This incompetence has to end.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:00 am

Unprofessional to say the least.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:33 am

Just a minor clarification Bruce "From the information Oldfella supplied, it seems that the timekeeper's room was not opened." information on timekeepers room being closed was provided by Admin post within pasted comment from other site ---- I just took that info on face value and do not know if it was locked or not further have no knowledge if the Crows even requested it.

Lee may know the correct answer to this but it is my understanding that whilst Westies has the original lease/usage for Richmond Oval with Council (peppercorn rent?) the club can sublet the use of the oval to other clubs, organization or other community events ---- Whist West Adelaide can and do exempt certain areas from any sublease (Doctors Room - Property Room etc) and other restrictions this is part of the sublease negotiation and as such an entire range of items/add-ons are up for negotiations.

Effectively, I believe, when an entity sublease Richmond Oval for a day then they take ownership of the facility for that period subject to any conditions in said sublease I am not sure but would hope that Westies negotiate for the right to run a canteen etc a fixed part of said sublease.

Love the idea of "Westies Wolf" but would need to be part of negotiation --- I thought the wolf was a volunteer so if true that person would have to agree. similarly, the BBQ is a great idea  however staffing this is all club volunteers so again they would need to agree else the club will have costs relating to employee payment.

Final point ----- I think it is wonderful many Members extend their love of the Club to becoming volunteers which assists the club --- I am thrilled when Members like BRUCE CAMERON or other financial Members nominate for the Board etc.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Oldfella wrote:Just a minor clarification Bruce "From the information Oldfella supplied, it seems that the timekeeper's room was not opened." information on timekeepers room being closed was provided by Admin post within pasted comment from other site ---- I just took that info on face value and do not know if it was locked or not further have no knowledge if the Crows even requested it.

Lee may know the correct answer to this but it is my understanding that whilst Westies has the original lease/usage for Richmond Oval with Council (peppercorn rent?) the club can sublet the use of the oval to other clubs, organization or other community events ---- Whist West Adelaide can and do exempt certain areas from any sublease (Doctors Room - Property Room etc) and other restrictions this is part of the sublease negotiation and as such an entire range of items/add-ons are up for negotiations.

Effectively, I believe, when an entity sublease Richmond Oval for a day then they take ownership of the facility for that period subject to any conditions in said sublease I am not sure but would hope that Westies negotiate for the right to run a canteen etc a fixed part of said sublease.

Love the idea of "Westies Wolf" but would need to be part of negotiation --- I thought the wolf was a volunteer so if true that person would have to agree. similarly, the BBQ is a great idea  however staffing this is all club volunteers so again they would need to agree else the club will have costs relating to employee payment.

Final point ----- I think it is wonderful many Members extend their love of the Club to becoming volunteers which assists the club --- I am thrilled when Members like BRUCE CAMERON or other financial Members nominate for the Board etc.

My apologies for attributing that piece of information to you, Tom.
Thank you for supplying the information regarding the lease arrangements. Maybe further clarification is needed. Given we ran a drinks kiosk, I would assume that we could have extended this to include food as well. If our women played a trial as a curtain raiser surely we would have been entitled to extend any catering to cover the AFLW game. How many Westies' supporters stayed on for the AFLW game? I don't really think it matters whether or not the Crows requested any specific facilities or not, as a club we should have taken the initiative to make the experience as positive as possible. I can't think of any objections the Crows would have to the club catering the event. What were the arrangements when we hosted the state game or AFL pre season games?
Tom, I take your point about volunteers, but sometimes it is worth breaking even or even taking a small loss to provide a positive experience, in the knowledge that it is an investment in the future.(good PR) ie the upcoming 3 AFLW matches. As for Westies Wolf, I'm not sure. I was just an idea that might have helped people remember the day, however the Wolf does have form, being kicked out of Adelaide Oval a few years back. Do we have a permanent Wolf, or is it shared around. Didn't Bailey Fielke don the suit for the GF mascot sprint. I would volunteer, but the Humphrey B Bear suit is a better fit.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:28 pm

No apologies needed mate.

Believe it or not I have been Westies Wolf on 3 occasions (many many years ago) - no acrobatics those times -- think Humphrey B Bear suit would be too small for me now LOL.

Lee H had a hidden desire to do it but we banned him as he would have wanted to keep the Westies Wolf suit to wear at home LOL

My favorite Westies Wolf was Fergies Mrs Bree (nee Munro)who was an Olympic Athlete, her acrobatics and reaction to fans was simply amazing.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:52 pm

What's happening at the ground?

I believe that at last the entrance gate and barbed wire fence has gone.

We had plans drawn up a year or more ago to change this area, to incorporate an entrance plaza, so I hope that is proceeding.

Great to see the end of the barbed wire fence.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1258

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Those black boxes are gone apart from the one they sell match day tickets, so is Kerley's old entry box ..new fencing and gates to be erected soon.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 361
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Great to see the advertiser use the name “richmond” oval in the crows women’s draw today..
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm sure our new oval naming rights sponsor will be rapt.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:24 pm

firstblood wrote:Those black boxes are gone apart from the one they sell match day tickets, so is Kerley's old entry box ..new fencing and gates to be erected soon.

Was at Oval last night and all fencing down & boxes removed --- discussion I had seemed to indicate that a final determination of where the new fencing is to be located is on hold for considerations of various option. I think this is a wise approach by the Club. I personally would be happy if we had no fencing (with expanded parking) with entry/ticketing being at the "Doug Thomas" gates -- there is issues with this idea related to access through the club and also safety issues relating to the car/pedestrian interaction.

Aldo reference "I'm sure our new oval naming rights sponsor will be rapt." If I was the relevant Board Member I would be tearing my hair out and if I was the "new oval naming rights sponsor" I would be helping him tearing his hair out as well as realigning a few ring gears --- I am sure that the Sponsors understand a long time supporters mistake but from the Press or other professional? organizations is unacceptable.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:29 pm

aldo russian wrote:I'm sure our new oval naming rights sponsor will be rapt.

Yes, I don't think they would be thrilled. I seem to recall some debate about this when we hosted a NAB Cup game or two. I think Richmond Oval was preferred then for some reason. Does anyone remember? I would think buying the naming rights does just that for the duration of the sponsorship.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm

From when I arranged for the Department of Transport to place signs on South & Richmond Roads the biggest problem is all types of street directories (electronic, online or hard copy) all retain the registered name with the relevant Government Department until they are notified and then then notify the street directories (electronic, online or hard copy) manufacturers who eventually change the name. --- Clear as mud hey.

Must look at signs next time I drive through to see what they say hmmm wonder if Club has requested Department to change --- now I am retired the Club will have to pay for the new signs & may not get it approved Hmmm.

Editted to add --- the other local signs were provided by Council so the club must approach them for change -- my only involvement with these was to act as negitiator for club with council.

This means that fans (other teams or rural) trying to attend a game just cannot find a listing for "Hisense Stadium" as it is listed in the various street directories (electronic, online or hard copy) as Richmond Oval.

Quote "I would think buying the naming rights does just that for the duration of the sponsorship" you are correct as I understand it.

Hope above helps if not ask away.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 pm

On the Womens AFL program Crows listed to play at "Hisense Stadium " for their Adelaide home games.
MR BLOODHOUND
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum