Attendance ban

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Attendance ban Empty Attendance ban

Post by aldo russian on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:08 am

Because we're not going to be able to attend games for the time being, I was wondering if members would consider a donation to the club, equivalent to what they would spend if they did attend matches. This is going to be a serious hit on all clubs, and I think we need to be as proactive as we can in ensuring some cash flow for the club. I'll be doing something along these lines in the next few days.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 818

Back to top Go down

Attendance ban Empty Re: Attendance ban

Post by Oldfella on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:06 pm

A great call Aldo and I will also be looking into it in next few days.

The damage to or club is not only the Westies games but also the Crows games which were going to be a substantial windfall as we have previously discussed.

My thoughts go to our Board and CEO who have been deal a serious issue through no fault of theirs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 683
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:14 pm

I doubt many people are in a position to donate money.
I know I’m not......
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Your dead right Aldo.

I have a 5 person syndicate who always purchase a player or two at the Season Launch/player auction (for about $2500-3000) but I doubt if the club will be able to hold this function which could also cost the club about $20-25K in net income.

Furthermore I am in NZ at the moment & have had to cut our trip short & reluctantly return early for our compulsory 14 day self isolation which would mean I would not be able to attend the auction anyway, even if it was to go ahead.

The economic impact in all walks of life is massive & very concerning.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:54 pm

I think volunteer assistance will become an important part of any recovery effort needed.

I've emailed the club to offer any assistance needed, when and if the time comes.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum