West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie Empty West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie

Post by Oldfella on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Due to my illness (severe clinical depression) when I get annoyed by something it eats at me until I can get it out of my system and I have been annoyed about something which to many may be trivial but I  need to express myself.

Firstly let me say that I am totally supportive of all and any acknowledgements that West Adelaide Life Member David Shipway get from the club or supporters and I am very pleased that there is a dinner planned to honor him. Nothing I say is aimed at diminishing or imputing on David.

BUT

Just recently another West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie ended his term as an SANFL Director but with little fanfare from the club or supporters and i must state knowing him he would be seeking no personal recognition.

If anyone takes a superficial look at Dion's service to West Adelaide he is equal if not exceeds the service of David so why has there been no acclaim about Dion!

It is personal as Dion as Reserves Team Manager was my first boss at West Adelaide --- As Club Chairman he presented me with my Life Membership --- As an SANFL Director he presented me with my SANFL Merit Award for services to the game. Every step of my and others careers at West Adelaide he has always been there supportive and friendly and I personally thank him for the support he has given me.

He attends most games and is always friendly and willing to talk to any supporter choosing to stand in the crowd in front of the stand with other supporters rather than sit isolated in the stand. He is not ELITIST though he has every right to be rather he is still a humble westies supporter.

Over the years he has given heaps of free legal advice and assistance to me and other westies supporters and always if in a position to help he does.

West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie deserves all the accolades the club can bring as he truly is a West Adelaide Legend and by highlighting him (which has not happened) we highlight all that is good about West Adelaide and our fellow supporters.

SORRY TO ALL  ------ RANT OVER ---- just had to get it out of my system

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 683
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie Empty Re: West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Excellent post, oldfella.

Dion was West President for 10 years and then had 16 years on the SANFL COmmission.

As you say, some rightly get a lot of accolades, while others don't.

I hope the SANFL and the Club recognise Dion in some way.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie Empty Re: West Adelaide Life Member Dion McCaffrie

Post by RODH2 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:15 pm

Thanks for that, Oldfella, strange times at West Adelaide atm, it seems..........
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Happens at westies all the time
Some people get reckonison some people don't
Some people look for reckonison some people go about there job and don't get the reckonison they deserve that's life
blacky

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum