Post by bundy on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:43 am

bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 387
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Club donation link Empty Re: Club donation link

Post by aldo russian on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:11 pm

We're nearly a quarter of the way to our target from just 68 donations. If we can get just 300 people to donate we should get there.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Yes Aldo agree entirely. We have always had a hard core of devoted & totally dedicated members who have always been generous, sometimes when it has been beyond their means.
They have proven from past challenges like the grandstand fire, the gym upgrade, recruitment support etc etc.

Thank you to all of you who have already supported our fundraiser. Can I ask that if you have a family member or friend who is a supporter of the Bloods, you ask them to join as a member or donate. Tell them to not be embarrassed if they can only afford $10 as every little bit will help & they can feel proud that they have been an integral part of our survival through this calamity.

Best of health to all of you. Stay safe at home.

We love our club, let’s make sure it remains in existence. This is a very critical time.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 345

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:29 am

Let's keep that total increasing. Any amount, not necessarily just once.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1298

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm

The donation rate seems to be slowing, we all need to encourage those Westies people who are able to to get on board asap. These things often rely on momentum, and if ours slows too soon we will fall well short of our target.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 pm

I concur with your comments Aldo but this current time is a very difficult one financially for many people.

I’m hopeful that those Westies supporters who can afford to donate, will.

It is concerning though that the message has only been transmitted via the website & Facebook. The club really needs to appeal directly by Enewsletter or phone calls.

I rang Ben & offered a suggestion that I could coordinate several well known WA identities who would be willing to each be given a list of members & former members to contact & personally appeal for a donation.

Still waiting.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 345

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:54 pm

That's a great idea and I'm sure would be very effective. I'd donate again if Ray Hayes called me, out of fear.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:13 pm

SANFL clubs
As each SANFL team battles financial hardship from the coronavirus crisis, one captain has not only made a significant contribution to his own club but thrown support behind his rivals.
The Messenger
Patrick Keam
Friday, 17th April, 2020
'Bulldogs Skipper's Selfless Act For SANFL Rivals'
Central District captain Luke Habel says he would “feel sick in the guts” if any SANFL club went under due to the impact of the coronavirus crisis.
That is why the first-year Bulldogs skipper has not only made a significant contribution to his own club’s fundraiser, but generously donated to the seven other stand-alone teams as each battles the financial hardship of no football.
Habel was reluctant to put his own name up in lights but told The Messenger his selfless act came down to his love for the competition.
“I would feel sick in the guts even if one of the teams had to fold,” said Habel, who works as a school teacher.
“I’m passionate about the SANFL like a lot of people are and anyone that’s been involved in footy or sporting clubs knows it doesn’t matter what walk of life you’re from, you’re a unified collective from players to volunteers to supporters.
“It’s like a second home or an outlet to everyone. It affects so many people.
“I’m not one for public notification, I donated because the SANFL competition has been so good to me and I don’t want other people to lose the opportunities like its given me.”
So far Central’s “Never Yield” campaign has raised more than $52,000 from 370 donations and Habel said the response from Dogs supporters and wider SANFL community was heartening.
Central District chief executive Kris Grant hoped the captain’s generosity would inspire SANFL supporters to get behind their own clubs and others.
“We need eight SANFL teams to come out of this, it’s absolutely vital,” Grant said.
“The issue we still have is the unknown and the longer this goes the harder it gets.
“We’ve still had people coming in for memberships and home match tickets, knowing there may not be any football.
“It’s really heartening to know there's diehard supporters out there willing to do that.”
West Adelaide is another club which has put the call out for financial help with its “Keep the Pack Running” campaign.
The Bloods have so far raised more than $20,000 of their $50,000 target from 127 donations.
Meanwhile North Adelaide, Glenelg, Sturt, South Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens have also set up online pages for those wanting to donate.
Norwood is selling a range of merchandise based around the club’s Latin motto “Fortis in Procella” – strength in adversity.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:26 pm

127 people donating so far is a very disappointing number, even given the present circumstances. Has this appeal not been widely enough publicised? Or the urgency of it not emphasised enough?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:35 pm

Aldo

I think your last post says it all.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:16 pm

aldo russian wrote:127 people donating so far is a very disappointing number, even given the present circumstances. Has this appeal not been widely enough publicised? Or the urgency of it not emphasised enough?
Hard to argue with any of these points. I have just gone to the Centrals website and would say that our club probably has not publicised or emphasised this enough. Our appeal is no longer the first thing that supporters see when they open the page. As new items are posted the 'Keep the Pack Running' post will drop further and further down the page until eventually it will end up on a previous page. Centrals has organised their appeal to stay front and centre so that it can't be missed.  Furthermore, Centrals have put a bit more thought into their appeal. They have several Centrals identities looking down the camera lens appealing directly to supporters. It is far slicker than ours. https://cdfc.com.au/news/go-fund-centrals-never-yield/ We have used two former players, one on the website (complete with traffic noise) and one on our Facebook page.  Centrals used a range of people, not just past players. Why didn't someone speak on behalf of the Board, our women's team, present players etc
I also think we erred in referring to ours as a fundraiser as it just doesn't come across as a passionate appeal to supporters. Lost forever and save our club sound far more desperate than keep our club open.
We are running a sports foundation fundraiser to keep the mighty West Adelaide Football Club open.
Also, the Bulldogs appeal is almost 250 words while ours isn't even 80.

At the AGM we were told that current membership was currently in the mid 300s. I'm not sure how many more signed on between the AGM and the postponement of the season, but I'm guessing that the number of former members who did not buy a 2020 membership is significant. I'm not sure what the club is doing about this, but I would think that a direct appeal (phone call) by a former/present great of the club might be successful. 100 home and away memberships would bring in about $30,000. Without coming on too strong, playing the guilt card in a very subtle way may work. I don't agree with using this approach for donations as I believe that members/supporters will contribute if they can. I just think the club needs to have another go at getting the message across. In short, a more professional job.

On another matter, I thought members were going to be treated to a series of footy replays from as far back as 2009. I have only seen the one game put up so far, and that was 4 weeks ago. If this was going to be tool to keep supporters/members and the club connected then I don't think it's going to work at this rate. Maybe bringing a smile to supporters' faces will put them in a more generous mood.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Very well said, bruce cameron, and I agree with all the points you have raised.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Without commenting on the above, I hope we will get an indication of where we might stand after all this, as far as re-starting and future prospects.

Hopefully all OK.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Club donation link Empty Be A Hummingbird

Post by bruce cameron on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:28 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Yes Aldo agree entirely. We have always had a hard core of devoted & totally dedicated members who have always been generous, sometimes when it has been beyond their means.
They have proven from past challenges like the grandstand fire, the gym upgrade, recruitment support etc etc.

Thank you to all of you who have already supported our fundraiser. Can I ask that if you have a family member or friend who is a supporter of the Bloods, you ask them to join as a member or donate. Tell them to not be embarrassed if they can only afford $10 as every little bit will help & they can feel proud that they have been an integral part of our survival through this calamity.

Best of health to all of you. Stay safe at home.

We love our club, let’s make sure it remains in existence. This is a very critical time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:11 pm

Mypaspective wrote:I concur with your comments Aldo but this current time is a very difficult one financially for many people.

I’m hopeful that those Westies supporters who can afford to donate, will.

It is concerning though that the message has only been transmitted via the website & Facebook. The club really needs to appeal directly by Enewsletter or phone calls.

I rang Ben & offered a suggestion that I could coordinate several well known WA identities who would be willing to each be given a list of members & former members to contact & personally appeal for a donation.

Still waiting.

Mypaspective, I'm wondering if you have had a response from Ben yet. It must be about three weeks now since you contacted him with your offer. I notice that the 'fundraiser' has definitely stalled. As you rightfully point out, times are tough, but surely the target was achievable. The last time I looked, there had only been 143 contributors. Very disappointing. Hopefully, everyone who hasn't donated decided to buy a membership instead.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri May 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Good to see Peter Banfield supporting the cause.

We really do need to reach a wider audience than just the club website. As has been said, less than 150 people for such an important cause is concerning.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum