Help needed

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Help needed Empty Help needed

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 am

First, the book is expected to be available in November and there will be opportunities online to pre-order.

We're now looking at what should be the cover photo. Hopefully something that will showcase West Adelaide, a photo that will be memorable.

The early favourite is the Taite Silverlock 'helicopter' mark, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Times getting short, so if you have a photo that you think would be suitable for the cover, or even just inside the book, please post away, or PM me.

If anyone has a really good photo of the Silverlock mark, please let me know. I have some, but just wondering if there are better ones. If anyone knows how to contact Daven Walters, I'd appreciate that, too.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1298

Back to top Go down

Help needed Empty Re: Help needed

Post by Thiele on Sat May 23, 2020 11:33 am

You can contact Daven through facebook

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 on Sat May 23, 2020 12:34 pm

what about the team of the century drawing.
merrick1
merrick1

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat May 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Thiele wrote:You can contact Daven through facebook

Thanks Thiele, all good Smile
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun May 24, 2020 8:49 am

Lee perhaps you should consider getting a brand new & unique photo of Kerls & Mark Mickan holding the premiership cup. This would give the book great status & prestige & assist with sales IMO.

They are both West Adelaide heroes & coaches of our last 3 premierships of the modern era over the past 60 yrs.

The photo should be taken in front of our grandstand, in the changerooms or in our Hall of Fame. Preferably both seated so they are the same height.

Dress them in (& gift them) the latest Bloods jackets (for currency) & have red & black ribbons tied to the cup.

I’m sure that Zac Milbank (SANFL Media Mgr through Ben Hopkins) would assist with borrowing the Thomas Seymour Hill cup & even provide the SANFL professional photographer on the basis that Zac gets to write a story for the SANFL website. I would also contact Warren Partland or Andrew Capel from the Advertiser (who ever looks after SANFL stories these days) to do a promotional article for the launch of the book.

The more publicity the better as they say.

If you like this idea & need help organising it I would be willing to assist as I know all of these people very well.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 345

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 am

Just an additional thought Lee. The Silverlock mark or similar could be on the back cover or on the opening page
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun May 24, 2020 12:30 pm

FANTASTIC SET OF IDEAS FOR YOU CONSIDERATION LETHAL

WELL THOUGHT OUT BIG FELLA esp PR/publicity angle & potential for SANFL involvement.

Especially like idea for front cover and back cover

Mypaspective wrote:Lee perhaps you should consider getting a brand new & unique photo of Kerls & Mark Mickan holding the premiership cup. This would give the book great status & prestige & assist with sales IMO.

They are both West Adelaide heroes & coaches of our last 3 premierships of the modern era over the past 60 yrs.

The photo should be taken in front of our grandstand, in the changerooms or in our Hall of Fame. Preferably both seated so they are the same height.

Dress them in (& gift them) the latest Bloods jackets (for currency) & have red & black ribbons tied to the cup.

I’m sure that Zac Milbank (SANFL Media Mgr through Ben Hopkins) would assist with borrowing the Thomas Seymour Hill cup & even provide the SANFL professional photographer on the basis that Zac gets to write a story for the SANFL website. I would also contact Warren Partland or Andrew Capel from the Advertiser (who ever looks after SANFL stories these days) to do a promotional article for the launch of the book.

The more publicity the better as they say.

If you like this idea & need help organising it I would be willing to assist as I know all of these people very well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 694
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks, MP, some excellent ideas which I appreciate and may be able to take up.

Unfortunately the front cover photo had to be ready in the next 2 or 3 days.

The publisher is looking to have a website open for pre-orders very soon.

I hope it will be a good read for West supporters, we've only had Bloods Sweat and Tears, 34 years ago.

It isn't an official history, of course and will be anything but a dry history.

I'll contact you re your idea. Thanks.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 pm

PS: Taite's mark isn't the cover photo.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 am

With due respect Lee this request should have been putout a lot earlier than a couple of days ago. In saying that it would have been impossible to get Neil & Mark together for a photo since early March anyway due to the Covid19 issue. Now we can.

The cover is critical in promoting sales of the book & I would be holding the publishers back on their website release until this is ready.

It should be able to be organised in a week or two which won’t hold them up too long.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am

It's a bit hard to put out a request earlier for a scenario that I knew nothing about and that would take some time to organise, MP. I made it clear that time is getting very short, so I was looking for photos people already have. My apologies.

It was just a general request if fans had a special photo on hand. I have already sent some possibles to the publisher.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon May 25, 2020 9:32 am

Rest assured that Kerls and Mark Mickan will be very well represented in the book. I've had a meeting with Neil and spoken to Mark also.

I have time for a new photo, but just not for the cover.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon May 25, 2020 10:37 am

No need to apologise Lee.

A pretty daunting task you have devoted endless hours to, so I understand the challenges you have been & are still facing. I hope you didn’t think I was being critical.

Well done, I am looking forward to the finished product.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon May 25, 2020 11:22 am

Thanks MP. It's been a labour of love and I've been extremely well supported by several posters and Bloods' fans.

I hope it fills a void in our written history. Its a big risk if it doesn't sell, so I'm hoping everyone will enjoy it.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum